GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

On 11/4/2020 at 5:35 PM, billbuickgs said:

Roadmaster , the only series that had chrome around the rear wheel opening back to the rear bumper .

Plus the front bumper emblem says Roadmaster LOL !!!

Thanks.  I learned something new about the chrome trim.  And I could not read the front bumper emblem on my phone. 

On 11/4/2020 at 3:08 PM, 50ChevyFrank said:

image.jpeg.1059941b94e6c5f11ee659a3e870bc57.jpeg

Love this 53 Buick.  What model is it?

Showing a bit of wear and tear, but trying to hold onto a bit of class ...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Elpad said:

BC2AEA8F-2B78-4EF8-AED4-1DE6B78E30DD.jpeg

I really like this picture on a couple  of levels. The car, as I like '41s a lot, then the woman standing beside it bears an uncanny resemblance to someone I use to date in the late 70's, so this wouldn't be her. But the hair, her build, even the stance is so much like her.

As with so many of these vintage pictures I often wonder about the person pictured, the photographer, and their connection to the car. Then what happened to the car!

Of course one cannot know the back story, but it does get me wondering. Those cynics out there might say I don't have enough work to do or something like that, but I love the tiny slice of history these pictures represent.

I'm pretty sure this is a Super, as it looks like it has the shorter fenders of a small series, but the same shape to the doors as a Roadmaster, making it a 56C. Anyone want to agree or disagree with me?

Keith

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

I really like this picture on a couple  of levels. The car, as I like '41s a lot, then the woman standing beside it bears an uncanny resemblance to someone I use to date in the late 70's, so this wouldn't be her. But the hair, her build, even the stance is so much like her.

As with so many of these vintage pictures I often wonder about the person pictured, the photographer, and their connection to the car. Then what happened to the car!

Of course one cannot know the back story, but it does get me wondering. Those cynics out there might say I don't have enough work to do or something like that, but I love the tiny slice of history these pictures represent.

I'm pretty sure this is a Super, as it looks like it has the shorter fenders of a small series, but the same shape to the doors as a Roadmaster, making it a 56C. Anyone want to agree or disagree with me?

Keith

Just glad that all of these photos at least associate and reminds others of certain anecdotes on their lives. My belief is that this is exactly the purpose of this forum.

Al

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...