GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

18 minutes ago, Marty Roth said:

Seeing the Fire Department hose in the foreground behind the girls, and spraying from the left edge indicates there is a Washdown in progress -

Likely Gas,

but maybe also oil and possibly, but less likely antifreeze, since back then most would drain it in spring and run plain water until late autumn/winter

Those sharp eyes again -- I hadn't even noticed the fire hose.  I know Marty already figured out how the accident happened (what with Mom's Chesterfield and Walter Winchell and all), but I DO wonder exactly how the car ended up perched in that particular position!

7 hours ago, neil morse said:

Those sharp eyes again -- I hadn't even noticed the fire hose.  I know Marty already figured out how the accident happened (what with Mom's Chesterfield and Walter Winchell and all), but I DO wonder exactly how the car ended up perched in that particular position!

Thanks Neil,

Not being an accident investigative reporter, this is only a wyldA$$ guess, but,

The passenger side of the Buick is relatively undamaged with the exception of the leading portion of the right front fender. 

Maybe while swerving first left, and then right (?) to avoid the squirrel, most of the car passed left of the utility pole with the right side lifting off the ground. The front passenger fender and bumper made rapid, and solid tangent contact with the utility pole, raising the front, and subsequently the entire right side. The front of the car appears to have been stopped by the house and fence, coming back down to earth as a result of the weight of the massive Buick Straight Eight. The rear of the car, still airborne from the left, and then sudden right swerve, cleared the pole but didn't have sufficient space to settle back down.

This apparent 1941 4-door Torpedo body style has amazing rigidity - yet another fine example of Buick's structural Strength -

... or maybe the little girls knew that stepping on the accelerator with the ignition switched on would produce that magnificent "purring" sound,

and they either didn't know the car was in gear,

or they just took it for a "JOY RIDE"?

The look on the little one's face is saying "I KNOW NOTHING!"

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Doozer said:

image.png.84f60192865f87f51772be0c110df72b.png

The girl on the hood, her knees look like a couple of gargoyles. Especially if you zoom in.

I like gargoyles 

You're right about the Gargoyles,

and look at the Bald Tires on the Buick

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 4/20/2020 at 1:25 PM, Elpad said:

BAE65A15-555F-43C8-B7B6-DBD899F66A4F.jpeg

We've enjoyed Daytona Beach many times, and have driven many of our old cars there on the sands-

Great pic, and Nice Riviera, as well as the model enjoying the sunny summer day. 

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

653621C0-5F2E-4A48-836E-2F5633DB056D.thumb.jpeg.e532d2b77dfd83e3cc9f12a534c12e95.jpeg

Is that Jayne Mansfield ?

Is that the Centurion Show Car at the Motorama at the Waldorf-Astoria?

I was there, but at age 11, was too young to appreciate her -

loved the Buick, though !!!

• Like 1

That's Jayne on the 1955 Wildcat. Her high school cheerleader hairdo must be a disguise.

Waldorf-Astoria, wow. Around here the best we can do is a Pepsi from the machine by the parts counter.

How to make the junkyard owner smile, you know how ill tempered they usually are.

022.thumb.jpg.65adf6f27da891c5d420b523f25e26d4.jpg

026.thumb.jpg.80fdef08ce439370a4017079a841ba9e.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2