GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnD1956</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope those high heels didn't poke a hole in the seats Dan. </div></div>

No worries there...shoes came off first. Couldn't convince them how the bikini would also affect the upholstry too. blush.giflaugh.gif The cruise was titled "Thunder in the Strip". Only seemed appropriate. Seems I was the only one that thought along those lines. mad.gif

Guest Dans 77 Limited

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HurstGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnD1956</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope those high heels didn't poke a hole in the seats Dan. </div></div>

No worries there...shoes came off first. Couldn't convince them how the bikini would also affect the upholstry too. blush.giflaugh.gif The cruise was titled "Thunder in the Strip". Only seemed appropriate. Seems I was the only one that thought along those lines. mad.gif </div></div>

Ohhh........ I thought about it, beleive me I thought about it.Thw whole time they were getting their pictures with your GN , I was thinking about it. But I finally came to the decision , that the picture of them with the Electra wasnt worth a few nights on the couch.Besides like I said , my car made it into the background on a few of the pics.

Dan

Girls Mothers by Buicks.

Family friend, Betty Chandler posed for a dealer promotional photograph on the bonnet of the first Holden sold in the Murwillumbah district of NSW Australia in the 1940s. (Unfortunately she does not have the photo)

Betty is still modelling! Betty jumped at the chance of having her photo taken 50 years later on another GM product, My 1950 Buick. And jump she did. without assistance she was up on the bonnet stirking a pose, quicker than I could say "would you like a hand".

post-35614-143137941925_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Michael, I somehow missed these until now. Thanks for adding to the collection. Be sure and tell Betty she made it to the famous Buick Club of America "Girls on Buicks". IOW she's still got what it takes. In this case a real Beauty on a Beauty.

Guest imported_MrEarl

I'd like to thank the kind gentleman from North Carolina, Martel Gibson for pointing these out to me in Seattle and suggesting that they would make a great addition to this thread. I have to agree.

100_3775.jpg

100_3777.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

I bumped into Martel on the elevator...he was another one that mentioned he was following my travels. Good find...I'd noticed stickers on the window, but never looked closely enough at them.

Guest imported_MrEarl

WHO IS THIS LIL SWEETY....boy if I were 56 years younger...

and this will fit another category....Buicks Trucks

Thanks for sharing Mark.

Guest mgibson

Lamar, you beat back home so you could post these pictures first. But then you flew while I drove all 6,588 miles round trip. Saw a lot of beautiful country and the rest of it too! Here's one more pic of the unrestored 51 woody wagon's girls. This one shows a little more deTAIL!

http://photos.aaca.org/showphoto.php/photo/11326/size/big/cat//ppuser/214

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Roberta,

Nice pics. Thanks for putting them up online.

You know, that '64 Skylark is such a clean design, and the car is just the right size, it almost looks as if it would sell today if it were available and upgraded with the latest technology. It sure would be a great alternative to all the plain me-too copy cat rounded off foreign-looking cars of today.

Maybe that is one of the dozens of reasons we like Buicks; great designs age well.

Joe

I had a '65 Buick Skylark 2 dr hdtp that was midnight blue that I used as a daily driver from '84 to '92 and it was a great car. It got a lot of admiring looks and it is one of my favorite cars. The 300 cu. in. V8 was a great running engine that got decent mpg also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

This is a continuance of the previous GIRLS ON BUICKS. GIRLS ON BUICKS III can be found HERE

Here's a few oldies

20stouring.jpg

20z.jpg

23touring.jpg

24TouringPhaeton.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

31BuickRoadster.jpg

36coupe.jpg

3738.jpg

• Like 1

Guest imported_Thriller

Gotta love seeing that '29 in the mix Lamar. That will help with getting the paint right on mine in terms of colour division.

Of course by the time that happens, I'll have forgotten this...sigh.

Guest wk's_olds

Here's one taken in 1963 in front of my home with 3 of our 4 daughters. (the 4th wasn't born until '66) I bought this car wrecked. It was green and white originally. I did all the body work and painted it as shown. I re-did the interior to match the exterior. I was 27 then. I'll be 73 Saturday and still working on Buicks-and more.

1962.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

Those are some sweeties there wk's olds. Love it. Don't suppose you still have the 55 or know where it is. Sure would be cool to get them 3 back in front of a 55 again, ehh.

BTW, there is a more current edition of Girls on Buicks. We're up to GIRLS ON BUICKS IV

smile.gif

Guest wk's_olds

Oh, thanks! They still are sweeties! We're a very close-knit family with much love for each other. We now live in the same town as our youngest daughter (now 42) and 7 of her 8 kids. The oldest one is in the navy. I'm sure you've seen some of the videos I have posted here on "Young kids and old cars" under the general disscussion of the AACA. If not, check them out.

Guest wk's_olds

OH! In answer to your question-no, I have no idea where that car is today. Probably recycled several times by now.

Guest imported_MrEarl

If you ever run up on a 55 that you can get your daughters to pose in front of, you know you'll have to do it.We can always photoshop the colors in. I love that picture!!!

So good to hear you're still workin on these old cars at 72. Gives me hope that I can finish some of my projects.

Guest imported_MrEarl

TopCat, very, very nice. I'll just leave it at that. wink.gifsmile.gif

And Rooster, I can tell Irene still draws the pretty girls just like here in the US of A.

Uh I guess we may as well just give up on Girls on Buick III and GIRLS ON BUICKS IV

post-32987-143138051641_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...