Guest imported_MrEarl

GIRLS ON BUICKS IV

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I used to be fairly well behaved until I had to ride on the school bus with the kids one morning.

Bernie

Me too Bernie.  Unfortunately I was a school bus driver.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:10 AM, 60FlatTop said:

Photo shoots can be hard, Sometimes you just have to keep a stiff upper lip and bear it.

Bernie

Careful now, your talking about somebody's grandma !!!!!

Enough of this nonsense, I'm going back to page 12 !!!!!

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Do I dare post a picture of my mom on this thread?

Here's my Granddad's car, can't tell the model but it is a 1940 Buick.  This is Mom posing; my Grandmother might have been showing off her daughters new coat or my Granddad was showing off the new tires on the car.  Depends on which one of them was taking the photo.

5932ae7e5adf4_MargaretmillevilleNJ_Page_1.thumb.jpg.bb54788fb42e159919f9cb4fbd4cc83e.jpg

January 3, 2019 - Rest in peace

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)
  • Like 9

Then there is the photo of my Grandmother, my dad and his sister.  Seems like Buick's were in the family.

5932bbcab5681_Dadmom1941_Page_1.thumb.jpg.eb15c4fe151f90cc93ea8748c36cc81a.jpg

• Like 5

Like the one of your mum in classic coat with velvet collar , lasting style, reminds me when I bought my girls similar coats about 40 years after your mum got hers, looked good on them to.

pity didn't have a Buick then for them to pose in front,?

Edited by Pilgrim65 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I will never let her go...

She is testing the rear seat belt that she helped me installed in our -63 Riviera + the box she made for it.

She is a litle bit exhausted after all the work...

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

Edited by SwedeDownUnderR63 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, kgreen said:

Buick 51.jpg

So that's how the designers at Buick figured out the relationship between the contour of the fenders and the hood!

• Like 8

12 hours ago, kgreen said:

Buick 51.jpg

Went to a restaurant last week when I came out 2 kids were on my hood with shoes on! parents taking photos 

bit concerned , but thankfully no damage , would never have let my girls do such a thing ,but would be good to see them in the above pose , will see when they visit .

Edited by Pilgrim65
Addition (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Went to a restaurant last week when I came out 2 kids were on my hood with shoes on! parents taking photos 

bit concerned , but thankfully no damage , would never have let my girls do such a thing 

jeezum crow!!!

Parents apparent justified response: "Don't get all huffy on me it's just a car!"

3 hours ago, kgreen said:

jeezum crow!!!

Parents apparent justified response: "Don't get all huffy on me it's just a car!"

Not just a car it's Ruby!?

• Like 4

I've seen people get into cars at car shows for pictures. The best part was always the angry owners that came running with their lawn chair. Some people just don't have respect.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

bit concerned , but thankfully no damage , would never have let my girls do such a thing ,

I have to agree, that is NOT an acceptable situation of those kids!

Growing up with "old cars" my Dad always invited the neighbour kids if they wanted to have a ride? He then proceeded to explain how old the car was and not to scratch the paint and bounce around on the original upholstery. 

Those "kids" today always remembered those experiences and when I see them occasionally (most recently at his funeral) they reminded me of how special they thought not only the experience was but that they got a real appreciation of "old cars". 

5943d3cabeda3_1920Overland-RidesforEveryone-July1982-copy.thumb.jpg.ffac53bb26ab5a214f6efdf625c00aac.jpg

Guess that's maybe why I have not put money into "restoring" my Buick to "show standards". 

The people who I invite to have a seat in her or go for a ride with me get an appreciation for an "old car". :unsure:

In keeping with this thread, here is another shot of my daughter-in-law on the Special.

IMG_1278.thumb.JPG.8461897b450d85cbcaf41269aaf6255c.JPG

• Like 4

I often let people sit inside for photo , which they usually ask me to help , that's fun because they appreciate the car , but standing on hood , is not on , and is the fault of 'wally''parents or I'm just a grumpy old man.?

Jurys out.

• Like 1

Around here it's "brush the back of your pants off before you get near the car".

Kids out in public with shoes and not in church!

0748b0149c8a8bc8538ca7e256e4e255.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Around here it's "brush the back of your pants off before you get near the car".

Kids out in public with shoes and not in church!

0748b0149c8a8bc8538ca7e256e4e255.jpg

As with part of my post, not a Buick but... LOVE IT!