GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

Looks like a '57 to me as well. The colour, I think it was called "Garnet Red", but it is very copper looking, and the painted strip in the body side moulding tell me its' a '57. Folks with more knowledge about '57's might be able verify my info.

Keith

Yes, the car in post 2382 is a beautiful 1957 Buick Roadmaster 2 door hardtop. I believe the color is called Bittersweet, a early '57 color.  It is owned by a member of our BCA Chapter, "Buick Club of the Redwoods". The young lady is one of the owners granddaughters. The picture was taken at the annual Peggy Sue Car Show cruise. The grandkids get a kick out of riding in grandpa's car during the cruises.

Rich

Edited by Our67Rivi
wording error (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 2018-03-31 at 6:35 AM, kgreen said:

Four digit license plate??  

A friend and former BCA member also collects license plates. He has part of his collection on display in a recently built garage. We were over there last year and he went over the collection and the evolution of Manitoba license plates. The plates grew in size as the number of characters increased. It was neat to see. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, kgreen said:

The trousers, the car and the hair all say early '40s, but the skirts say 1965.  What's going on here?

Keep your clothes long enough and they'll come back in style.  Hair and cars, not so much....

36 minutes ago, kgreen said:

The trousers, the car and the hair all say early '40s, but the skirts say 1965.  What's going on here?

I'm assuming cheer leaders.  If the photo was 1965 era I bet the white wall would be...all white.

1 hour ago, kgreen said:

Can anybody read the brand name on the carton, whatever he is drinking? maybe we can come up with a closer date.

7 hours ago, JZRIV said:

992588a56253a1f2_landing.jpgde

I'm guessing you don't dress for the weather. One girl has on a bare midriff top and the girl sitting next to her has on a sweater. The guy has on the high waisted, double pleated pants.  Gotta be from the 40's.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

I'm guessing you don't dress for the weather. One girl has on a bare midriff top and the girl sitting next to her has on a sweater. The guy has on the high waisted, double pleated pants.  Gotta be from the 40's.

Wife has taken an interest , says hair , shoes and trousers, got to be 40s , pity didn’t mentioned the car! ?

1 hour ago, JZRIV said:

It looks warm here. I sure would like to be somewhere its warm right now. A March/April like December

I hear ya! I even went and washed all of my shorts a week or 2 ago so they wouldn't smell like musty closet in the hopes for some warmer weather, but I haven't seen it yet! April 6th and it was 24* this morning!