GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, smithbrother said:

Ben, Children ALWAYS steal the show,  “IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHILDREN”, wake up world.

Dale in Indy

I thought Ben was referring to the built in visor on the full sized 54 /5/6 .;)

I was going to personally agree with Ben but then I'd be referring to the color of the 54.  Those are the colors which were on Dad's 55.  :wub:

• Like 1

AE27257F-54FC-4C14-978B-351085DB4996.jpeg

So how long did it take y’all to see the girl? 

Me: Still lookin

Seriously guys, whoever can’t see the unmatched beauty of the 1954 Buick Roadmaster as displayed here in simple but pure white has got to be blind. From the simple front grille (especially relative to prior and later Buick’s) to the new and lower slab sided body sporting a new thin and long sweepspear and “only on Roadmasters” four flowing portholes. Now let your eyes travel up to that low French curved roofline laying ever so gracefully on that low and sweeping belt line beautifully framing out the long pillarless window. (Who needs a convertible? ) Then be drawn back down and by no means to be construed as anticlimactic, those sparkling wire wheels surrounded again by pure and simple white. Ahhhhh, now for a good cigar. 

Did someone ask? “if only one Buick?” ....

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, smithbrother said:

I never enjoyed the SWOOPY way Buick attached the rear roof to the fender, it IMO would look better without the SWOOP.  Other than that, GREAT CAR, well SCALLOPS would help.  Hehe 

The FITTY FO in post # 2272 that is,

Dale in Indy

Scallops are hideous! :angry:

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

Seriously guys, whoever can’t see the unmatched beauty of the 1954 Buick Roadmaster as displayed here in simple but pure white has got to be blind. From the simple front grille (especially relative to prior and later Buick’s) to the new and lower slab sided body sporting a new thin and long sweepspear and “only on Roadmasters” four flowing portholes. Now let your eyes travel up to that low French curved roofline laying ever so gracefully on that low and sweeping belt line beautifully framing out the long pillarless window. (Who needs a convertible? ) Then be drawn back down and by no means to be construed as anticlimactic, those sparkling wire wheels surrounded again by pure and simple white. Ahhhhh, now for a good cigar. 

GREAT description Lamar!

I never really looked that close at a ’54 as being a favorite but after a description like that …

I will say that is one good-looking Buick.

10 hours ago, MrEarl said:

AE27257F-54FC-4C14-978B-351085DB4996.jpeg

And this from the guy who suggested his wife change the color of her hair?!?  Better be careful bub, before you be sleeping with da fishes in your BG pond...:lol:

BTW, you almost got me with this description but then I remembered I have the improved version of this baby sitting in my garage ( sans the wire wheels).   LOL... 

Oh, here's how it used to look for a few years.

100_0001.JPG.48e15544968e4a95c0993aaff88f0a3d.JPG

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, old-tank said:

That is either staged or they will not stay clean long greasing that 55 era Buick.

Talk about inequality Willie - look at how the men had to do undercar work. Not too sure what the Occupational Health and Safety Office would say about the Esso Servicenter under car working arrangements.

1936 Century.jpg

• Haha 2