GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

32 minutes ago, Elpad said:

772FD8B1-BAB2-4A82-B81D-9196A8CBE454-8097-000007C5DFDD05B6.jpeg

It's sure easy to tell when professional photographers, professional models, and professional fashion designers put all of their efforts into one package.  Brown, cream, and red in everything in the picture. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

It's sure easy to tell when professional photographers, professional models, and professional fashion designers put all of their efforts into one package.  Brown, cream, and red in everything in the picture. 

Yes but still the Electra and girl in blue , grab your attention and win hands down in my book ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Yes but still the Electra and girl in blue , grab your attention and win hands down in my book ?

I agreed with Rivi about the color coordinated old school picture, a light should have been placed underneath the car say from the left front to erase the model shadow but I also agreed with Pilgrim about the girl in blue against contrasting red. The "open" field creates the third dimension on the composition.... or is it my imagination? I'm I still dreaming?

6 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

I was only talking about photo composition, not the subject model.  How would the girl with the Electra convertible look in a red bathing suit?  Me thinks you just like skin; the more the better. ?

• Like 3

Would they have coated the chrome to dull it for the photo of the wagon, or was original bright work less bright back in the day (referring to the wagon as it predates me)?

I know for some movie shots and the like they have a coating to dull the shine in the present day. 

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

Reminds me of a casual encounter at Barnes & Noble a decade or so ago. I might still have the scarf under my seat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thriller said:

Would they have coated the chrome to dull it for the photo of the wagon, or was original bright work less bright back in the day (referring to the wagon as it predates me)?

I know for some movie shots and the like they have a coating to dull the shine in the present day. 

Interesting observation.  I think you're not supposed to pay that close of attention to it.  ?  But as you state, something has been done to dull the finish.  I have some friends who are in to turn of the century bicycles and they nickle plate unpainted surfaces rather than chrome plate them.

• Like 1

Riv nut , I am biased because I love the red Electra , but think photo would still work with the girl in red or white also, regarding skin for me photo just about right , prefer to keep some mystery ?

Regarding the photo with creams and browns , appreciate the composition and the 50s look of the model , good photo but feel  muted colours will always draw less attention than bright ones .

Edited by Pilgrim65 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Thriller said:

Indeed. Its obvious the studio sprayed the fin and sail. They used to spray clear matte on most of the vehicles to not let bright reflections blind the camera AND detract from subject.

Sometimes they used too much on TV shows as well...but I digress. Sorry

CarWallpaper21200.jpg

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

So this one is a laugh! :lol:

I have a sister that is "in the arts" and upon insistence of my brother-in law (a great guy!) thought the picture was missing something when I sent the original to them. 

So, this is what she sent back to me.....

SomethingExtra.thumb.jpg.f3a1f8bd605c38e424b4c84d1f91bca1.jpg

As my youngest son said when we went to Disney World and were riding on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, " 'at not weal' ". :rolleyes:

Yeah, there's a Packard and a Ford, but how can you not like this girl?

"Were you out in the garage working on your car ALL night?"

"Yes, Dear, that car girl down the street stopped in and we just kept talking......"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dei said:

So this one is a laugh! :lol:

I have a sister that is "in the arts" and upon insistence of my brother-in law (a great guy!) thought the picture was missing something when I sent the original to them. 

So, this is what she sent back to me.....

SomethingExtra.thumb.jpg.f3a1f8bd605c38e424b4c84d1f91bca1.jpg

As my youngest son said when we went to Disney World and were riding on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, " 'at not weal' ". :rolleyes:

"This is what she sent back " can she send me one to ??

Edited by Pilgrim65 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

"This is what she sent black " can she send me one to ??

Sure!

Just let me be clear, this is NOT my sister. :blink:

She is very good in art restoration and photo restoration so can do virtually anything you need done with photographs old or new.

2 minutes ago, dei said:

Sure!

Just let me be clear, this is NOT my sister. :blink:

She is very good in art restoration and photo restoration so can do virtually anything you need done with photographs old or new.

Just as well your wife  knows your sister sent it, if she found it without that knowledge , bingo , your on the couch !

• Like 1

LOL! :lol:

After 37 years married, me and the couch are familiar with each other without that incentive.....

Next will be move into the garage and sleep in the car after talking about about spending time on the Limited (she has a honey-do list...).

28 minutes ago, RivNut said:

"...she sent 'black' " ??? 

Obviously didn't have my specks on , I also have a nightmare with my phone with predicted text  changing what I want say , if I'm not very careful . Have sent some peculiar messages , thankfully friends and family , think I'm mad anyway.?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Obviously didn't have my specks on , I also have a nightmare with my phone with predicted text  changing what I want say , if I'm not very careful . Have sent some peculiar messages , thankfully friends and family , think I'm mad anyway.?

Just happened to me on FB

friend sent me a pic laying in bed, I replied get well soon! And he replied hope it was a typo.. went back and the message read get "weed" soon. The I tried to fix by replying that was not what I thought I posted and replied I hope this post clear things.. we'll he came back again and wrote: this is what you posted " I hope this "pot" clear things "

now what are the odds! I guess it happens when fat fingers hit a small screen

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pilgrim65 said:

I have the same problem and if you'll look at some of my "redos" you'll see that I have a permanent "Effing predictive text" response programmed in.  

• Like 2