GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

I'm betting that if your car could talk, when you take it for a drive, it says the same about you!   :lol:

Idk, my car hadn't been touched in 30 years, it was shy at first but once we go past the awkward stage, it really opened up to me. It has definitely seen better days, too! Probably the only older lady I'd consider getting in to.

• Like 1

Guest johnnycomelately

I'm a new member and this thread caught my eye. 

This picture was among my mother's old photos.  I have no idea who they are.   Sorry about the creases.

Buick Girls (Old Family Photos).JPG

43 minutes ago, johnnycomelately said:

I'm a new member and this thread caught my eye. 

This picture was among my mother's old photos.  I have no idea who they are.   Sorry about the creases.

Buick Girls (Old Family Photos).JPG

Priceless 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Elpad said:

13FE6032-79C7-4D28-A92B-F3F1E06B4482-2109-000001FD7AC09604.jpeg.15f3dfabe26bb4d5ec348954f7563411.jpeg

My Grandmother, not the one with the Buicks and the farm, had one of those made out of fox or brown ermine. It had an alligator clip in the mouth so it wouldn't slip off her shoulders.

I think they have gone out of style, like sport mirrors.

Bernie

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Mattresses stacked in the garage. One of the kids moved back home, yet again.

First a few tears, next accusations of shaken adult child syndrome.

Bernie

One of the kids moved back home, yet again.  This time jobless with a 2 year old, and 4 year old, the dog, and pregnant to boot. :(

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

One of the kids moved back home, yet again.  This time jobless with a 2 year old, and 4 year old, the dog, and pregnant to boot. :(

And the ex-boyfriend came during the night and stole the starter and battery out of the Ford Festiva because HE had paid for them.

1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

And the ex-boyfriend came during the night and stole the starter and battery out of the Ford Festiva because HE had paid for them.

Some people are so petty.  They just need to let some things go and move on. They would be much happier not be dragging that baggage along not to mention a starter and battery.

Pic above is a wonderful vintage look "pinup" style pic collaboration except the tattoos are the only thing out of place and we see that quite often. A stock car with a modified girl attempting to recreate and old time pic doesn't seem to flow through. If I was photographer I would have photo-shopped out leg tats for more of a period look.

Did girls have tattoos in the 50s? I'm too young.:P  If they did I bet they kept them covered.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Pic above is a wonderful vintage look "pinup" style pic collaboration except the tattoos are the only thing out of place and we see that quite often. A stock car with a modified girl attempting to recreate and old time pic doesn't seem to flow through. If I was photographer I would have photo-shopped out leg tats for more of a period look.

Did girls have tattoos in the 50s? I'm too young.:P  If they did I bet they kept them covered.

Also the radial tire gave it away

8 hours ago, JZRIV said:

The bigger question is what the heck is she gonna do with that big hawkin wrench?

• Like 1