GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest shorttimer

I had forgotten about this thread. But since it has been resurrected I might as well contribute where I can.

Here are a few images from last December of my neighbor using my Invicta as a backdrop for a photoshoot. I offered to hang around while he shot (just in case the car gave him any trouble....) and took a few pictures while I was at it.

post-37076-143138870573_thumb.jpg

post-37076-143138870581_thumb.jpg

post-37076-143138870589_thumb.jpg

post-37076-143138870598_thumb.jpg

Nice pics! Took me awhile to see it but check out the size of the battery he is using for the flash, I presume.

We could have a caption contest. Wonder what is actually going through the models head during the shoot.

• 5 months later...

Hey John,

I suppose those girls came from the Broadway Brew Biergarten (Beer Garden for those not German). Bea was sorry we did not get up there for a meal, but if I show her this photo, she may no longer be sorry. But now I am and also sorry I did not even see them at the show, but I did see Uncle Sam about 8 times. Guess we may have to get back to Troy soon.

John

Story! Story! We NEED to know, JD.

Ben

Well Ben, since you asked, I’ll tell you how I remember this going down. It started when I was sitting innocently enough between my two cars there.

First I see this raven haired maiden walking up to me with her hand out and she says; "How would you like to buy a beer? That’s when I noticed her two friends as well.

Naturally I spoke before thinking and I said; Sure thing honey. I’d love to buy you a beer.

She asked; Are one of these cars yours? I replied they’re both mine.

She said: Wow, I just love this big one. I said, yes, if you like a long powerful ride on the silky side this is the car for you. But if you just want a short rough roll around town then you really want to look at the red one behind you.

She commented, Hmmn, two wonderful rides... I think I’m in love.

Then I awoke from this fantasy just in time to call to them from several cars away, "Hey Girls, would you mind standing by my cars over there and let me take your picture and put it on the internet?

The raven haired beauty says, Oh why not, but you’ll have to stop at the Biergarten, and buy a beer. The blond didn’t say much except " I don’t know... " and then the other kid says: " At least he’s not as creepy as some of these guys here!" And I still can’t decide if I should take that as a compliment or not.

So I snapped two pics and thought to myself, wait till the guys see this!

Let's get back on the subject please!

Tonight in Flint, MI we were visited by a group of folks filming a You Tube video for "Pure Michigan". We had over 2.5 blocks of cars on each side of Saginaw St. and a bunch of kids singing. Part of the Good Time song.

and they were in 3 awesome Buicks!post-30793-143139139975_thumb.jpg

Supposed to be on You Tube on September 5, 2012

50 Michigan Cities in 7 days.

Guest shadetree77

Anybody else catch this picture on Mr. Bill Madden's "Me and My Buick" thread last week? I think it's deserves a place here so I moved it on over. Hope you don't mind Bill. :D I never did find out why there are so many Star Wars characters hanging out in the background though.....:confused:

post-75106-143139142971_thumb.jpg

This photo of a 1937 Buick shows up on the internet every so often. I bought the original about 10 years ago. It was used on the front cover of the 1937 1938 Buick Club Magazine in 2002, when I placed it on loan to them. The ladies are part of the cast from the 1937 Gold Diggers Movie. The photo is a Warner Bros. promotional still.

post-58764-143139158279_thumb.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Here's another photo from my collection that was purchased on eBay from Walter Miller (autolit.com). It's a 1931 Buick with the then well known author Carmen Barnes (11-20-1912 to 8-19-1980) Her most famous work "Schoolgirl". It was bought by Paramount Pictures for $30,000 but never made into a film.

post-58764-143139158281_thumb.jpg

What a class act for those two pics Dave. Also think Olivia is a happy kid on that Buick Jerry. While not a girl, my grandson loves the 56 Super and the GS too. It was so warm Friday night we took the GS out with the top down to do some star gazing. A wonderful time!

We had a good turnout and a perfect day. The tour was given good reviews and it poured on the ice cream cruise. The banquet was well attended and delicious. Sorry you could not make it over. Pics have not been posted yet as we are still trying to sort them all out.

Hello again.

Here is another photo I purchased about ten years ago. It's a 1938 Buick Coupe. The photo is an original Columbia Pictures promotional still. The 1937 1938 Buick Club Magazine published it in the March/April 2002 issue, when I placed it on loan to them. My apologies for the poor quality. My photo has been professionally framed and I did not want to take it apart to scan. The one below is from the magazine. Please excuse my poor scan.

post-58764-143139158902_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest timinbovey

Just stumbled upon this thread, had to add a picture. Don't want to shock anyone, but that's my MOM! Taken in probably 51 or 52 (don't be confused, that's a '51 Roadmaster with '52 chrome added to the fenders). The car has been passed on to me now, after being in storage for nearly 40 years. Mom and Dad are both 85 years old now! Lots more pictures past and present and the whole story is in my "Bringing Dad's 51 Roadmaster Back" thread in the "Me and my Buick" section. BTW, these are scanned from my Dad's slides!

post-52311-14313916323_thumb.jpg

Tim in Bovey

post-52311-143139163224_thumb.jpg

The Landau looks great no matter what or who is in it..........Since we're now into mush and goo. Check out the photo below. I'm not certain but I think it's a late 20's Buick model 90. Photo from the web.

post-58764-143139165702_thumb.jpg