GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

On 3/31/2024 at 12:31 AM, Elpad said:

IMG_6478.jpeg

Of all the vintage pics here this one reminds me of a similar car I used to see early to mid 70's in the Whitby area of Ontario. Like this one it was a 2 door post, with a three speed, no radio either as I recall and driven by a woman around my Mom's age.

I never talked to her but I saw the car a few times. I was Dover White with red interior and would have been the cheapest Buick you could have bought. I cannot remember if it had hubcaps or not, though they are an easy thing to change. I'm sure it's now long gone like so many others.

Due to the harsh climate here in Ontario Canada, by the early 70's mid 50's cars were getting pretty scarce so seeing one driving around as what we now call a daily driver and still in half decent shape was quite noteworthy.

That would be one of my fantasy restos, find a similar and do it up the same way as the one I remember, though I'd make sure I had a radio.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2024 at 6:59 PM, Fr. Buick said:

Newport Beach, in SoCal?  Any notes on the back of the picture?

Got it from the internet, no other info was available but if I find anything, I will let you know