GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

That's a decent shot of the original wheel covers on the Landau. The original ones were stolen and replaced with other wheel covers and wheels throughout the years. Charles Barnette did a magnificent job of reporducing the originals from a set of DeSoto wheel covers. I hear those will be on the Landau in Ames.

Well I tried.....

After going thru a dozen wheels, I finally found 5 that were identical and true. Then after two tries, finally got a good powder coating job.

So to keep the wire wheels and tires, I bought 5 new WWW tires and had them mounted.

I replaced the red-white-blue logos with computerized decals.

Now ready to install the covers. A 15" wheel cover will fit a 15" rim.

To my disgust, they did not.

The diameter of the cover was too large and would not go on.

The Desoto wheel must not have the same diameter as the Buick.

I`m working on a solution but as of now the wires go back on.

post-30661-143138257004_thumb.jpg

post-30661-14313825701_thumb.jpg

post-30661-143138257012_thumb.jpg

I am in search of a pair of gloves and hat that match the ones Landau Linda is wearing in the back seat of the Landau. The car will be available at a yet to be determined day and time for girls and ladies to pose in the back seat in the same pose as Landau Linda for a photo shoot. I will be contacting a photographer and hopefully have pictures available for purchase. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Looky what Roberta just sent me...

thanky Roberta:)

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnAAVqvyzQE&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnAAVqvyzQE&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Romanian...

...and if my Romanian serves me well the owner of the Buick posted this:

If God helps me, to finish the car will appear in public next month dinnou fully restored and a new coat. The only Buick Roadmaster (model 1956) made the special order of the Romanian State for the Interior Ministry. Roadmaster All sites were worked by hand, unique and customized for its owner. This is the only one who has wings for flag carriers. When ready you'll see here.

Well Google helped me but looks like it was a Gov't car back in the day.

Guest 53Nailhead
There's something wrong about a garage you can go barefoot in....

She usually has her "safety flip flops" on.....:D

Guest 53Nailhead
And eat off of. !!!

Beautiful daughter and VERY nice garage.

Ben

Thanks Ben,

They lucked out & got their Mothers looks.........:D

Bob,

Anytime, I'm just down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

What I find interesting is that it is the first woody I can recall seeing with 2 tone, white on the roof. This was common in the all steel cars, in particulat I can think of many pictures of 56's, 57's 58's ( like my old 58 Caballero) that had white roof over a 'colour' body.

And, she does look like a good shot!

Is that the hunting dog carrier box in the back?

Good call on the mirror Roy, but on a full size wagon, it may simply be an aftermarket mirror intended to give a better view. On a car of that length, with a mirror that small, I could see wanting to get it out a bit wider, although a tent trailer or a Boler wouldn't be out of the question at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, that oughta even get and keep the Thriller back on topic. !!! and that's sayin a LOT :D

Tall order...doubt it.

What about the Nailhead green and judging anyway?

Must go to bed...I'm apparently too tired to rant.

Hmmm...I forgot about the Wildcat Nationals being moved...I doubt that Ellie can make it, but it may be worth looking at again.