GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

10 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

tumblr_mzevh3V8sO1qdpulbo1_1280.jpg&f=1&

That must be some hard sand.  She is wearing pointed heels!  

Oh, the Buick looks like it tried to wipe out a few bugs getting there.  It needs a wash   

• Like 2

I'll take a WAG on this pink one. It started out as a 1951 Buick Special 2-dr. sedan and someone cut the roof off and turned it into a convertible. (There were only 2,099 1951 Special convertibles made and I doubt this is a real one). It has the original steering wheel & horn button with a 1948-1949 horn ring. The dashboard is somewhat original. The outside door handle by the girl's elbow is not the correct handle for the car. The location is somewhere in CUBA. There are a lot of old bright pink American convertibles running around down there.........Let me know if I at least get the extra credit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

That must be some hard sand.  She is wearing pointed heels!  

Oh, the Buick looks like it tried to wipe out a few bugs getting there.  It needs a wash   

We've driven the beach at Daytona several times in several convertibles:

'12 Oakland

'14 Buick

'30 Packard

'41 Caddy

'54 Caddy

'63 Impala

The sand is great for driving -

including the early NASCAR series (after the runs at Linden, NJ Airport

(with me hanging on the fence, watching in awe as the Fabulous Hudson Hornet showed its stuff to the Olds Rocket 88)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The 55er said:

I'll take a WAG on this pink one. It started out as a 1951 Buick Special 2-dr. sedan and someone cut the roof off and turned it into a convertible. (There were only 2,099 1951 Special convertibles made and I doubt this is a real one). It has the original steering wheel & horn button with a 1948-1949 horn ring. The dashboard is somewhat original. The outside door handle by the girl's elbow is not the correct handle for the car. The location is somewhere in CUBA. There are a lot of old bright pink American convertibles running around down there.........Let me know if I at least get the extra credit.

Yep, many bright colors to spark tourists attention. Most Mutant Convers

44ACF4A2-60E1-4688-98AE-CC3892AF5F0B.jpeg

24A1DF0F-CB35-4E8F-9376-00686AFEC98A.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The 55er said:

you win the teddy bear, good detective work. The cigar coupled with the building architecture definitely agrees with your assessment of it being in Cuba. no picture of the complete car though 

529420BC-2F99-495E-942D-9C797680CB3A.thumb.jpeg.2d0f53d3259f582211ad465650a8ab05.jpeg

D21C8103-B482-4136-BAC4-6F88383CB169.thumb.jpeg.a7c82165d592be6adfb39b02984e9d82.jpeg

6 hours ago, MrEarl said:

you win the teddy bear, good detective work. The cigar coupled with the building architecture definitely agrees with your assessment of it being in Cuba. no picture of the complete car though 

529420BC-2F99-495E-942D-9C797680CB3A.thumb.jpeg.2d0f53d3259f582211ad465650a8ab05.jpeg

D21C8103-B482-4136-BAC4-6F88383CB169.thumb.jpeg.a7c82165d592be6adfb39b02984e9d82.jpeg

I don't know how to post a link on this forum but you can see a little more of this car on a YouTube video, if only for a few seconds. Check out the YouTube video "Why Cuba's Streets Are Filled With Classic Cars" Nov.23, 2018. #Cuba #ClassicCars #Insider. It appears 21 seconds in and again at 2:46. It's the exact same car right down to the large oval sticker on the lower passenger side windshield that can be seen in the second picture you posted. I suspected this because of the architecture of the buildings in the background and saw the girl had a cigar in her hand. I came across the YouTube video by dumb luck. 

28 minutes ago, The 55er said:

I don't know how to post a link on this forum but you can see a little more of this car on a YouTube video, if only for a few seconds. Check out the YouTube video "Why Cuba's Streets Are Filled With Classic Cars" Nov.23, 2018. #Cuba #ClassicCars #Insider. It appears 21 seconds in and again at 2:46. It's the exact same car right down to the large oval sticker on the lower passenger side windshield that can be seen in the second picture you posted. I suspected this because of the architecture of the buildings in the background and saw the girl had a cigar in her hand. I came across the YouTube video by dumb luck. 

Probably the easiest way to post a link, or at least how I was able to do it:

1.     Bring up the other item/video/post/YouTube/etc in another window

2.     Go to the line above the post - the one which identifies the source (http - or forums.aaca.org---- , or whatever the name code is

3.     Right-click on that uppermost line

4.     Left-click on "Copy"

5.     Return to your new post in your original window

6.     Right-click on"Paste" - that would be the link to whatever you wish 

Hope it works for you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From an AUG59-dated Kodachrome transparency comes this image of a striking blonde woman holding a camera next to a 1958 Buick Century (?) convertible with California license plate. Photo taken in an unknown location.

The slide is in my personal archive of classic car slides.

132930350_1958BuickAUG59.thumb.jpg.bb2b844df197ac28808192d1a801400e.jpg

• Like 5

That's the beauty of Kodachrome, the colours keep, as long its' kept dark, and of course dry. Once in the 90's had the privilege to reproduce some of the earliest Kodachromes from the 30's for a client, and the colours were as good as the day they were processed. Such a treasure years later.

Thanks for sharing.

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NC1968Riviera said:

The shoes on the car are a definite "NO NO" :(

'Were there shoes in that pic?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, avgwarhawk said:

She has found the car she would like to take her driving test in.  Please have it completed in time.  

Don't I wish!...Virus delay.....Stay safe Chris