GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What year is that coupe, Mr. Earl?

Wayne </div></div>

Just a wild guess...I'd say a '27...

anybody know for sure?

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I can think of looking at that picture is many, many years ago spending time in bars. A couple girls walked in (one pretty, one...you get the idea) Buddy leans over to me & says 'Don't like the one your gettin'! grin.gif Sorry if I offended anyone! wink.gif </div></div>

I bet it was this same lady........

Three women die together in an accident and go to heaven.

When they get there, St. Peter says, "We only have one rule here in heaven: don't step on the ducks!"

So they enter heaven, and sure enough, there are ducks all over the place. It is almost impossible not to step on a duck, and although they try their best to avoid them, the first woman accidentally steps on one.

Along comes St. Peter with the ugliest man she ever saw.

St. Peter chains them together and says, "Your punishment for stepping on a duck is to spend eternity chained to this ugly man!"

The n ext day, the second woman steps accidentally on a duck and along comes St. Peter, who doesn't miss a thing. With him is another extremely ugly man. He chains them together with the same admonishment as for the first woman.

The third woman has observed all this and, not wanting to be chained for all eternity to an ugly man, is very, VERY careful where she steps.

She manages to go months without stepping on any ducks, but one day St. Peter comes up to her with the most handsome man she has ever laid eyes on ... very tall, long eyelashes, muscular, and thin.

St. Peter chains them together without saying a word.

The happy woman says, "I wonder what I did to deserve being chained to you for all of eternity?"

The guy says, "I don't know about you, but I stepped on a duck!"

Guest 70 Electra

BuickRegalGS,

You found it! The picture you posted was from the 1960 Buick Playboy photo feature I was referring to earlier. Do you happen to know what issue it is from, or is it just a copy/paste from somewhere?

By the way, did anyone other than me look CLOSE enough to see the license frame was from the famous Phil Hall Buick, in Hollywood? (Phil Hall was a major dealer and distributor, back in the days when Buick still used distributors. Check out the topic in the Gustin/Dunham book of BUICK.)

Thanks,

Guest imported_Buick Regal GS

no sorry i dont remember what issue,i found it in a playboy at work ,working nites(around 1993, 94) at the time.i always when i find pictures of Buicks in magazines & calenders tear them out,and this one i couldnt resist.i knw some time it would come in handy.i even sealed it in plastic. cool.gif

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a licences plate somewhere on there?

JD </div></div>

license plate?

you mean there was a CAR in that picture? your vision must be so much better that mine, because i dont see the car in that picture...

Guest imported_Thriller

That photo...and possibly a couple others from the same spread...are on the same site that was previously linked from this thread (I think perhaps it was removed though) with a .dk domain. PM me if you want the URL.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

OK time to bring this one back to the top.

Is anyone having a problem with this post being slow coming up. I understand that it can be on dial up. If so let me know and I can start a "continued" thread.

I tell ya the more I see, the more I'm convinced, beautiful girls and beautiful ol' Buicks just go together. Always have and HOPEFULLY always will. See what I mean....

AintSheSwell1930.jpg

HelloBeautiful1930Rdstr.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

I have the previous model down as a 1930 Roadster. What say ye all ye pre-war Buick lovers? and what is the chrome ornament piece called.

and here we have a blues/jazz singer named Jean Louise and a 4? Buick ? sedanette

Jeanlouise.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

Well thank you Stevo, THAT'S why I asked!! Sorry about that, I'll start a 'continued' next posting. That is if anyone is still interested in "Girls on Buicks".

geez, it must be bad if you, Stevo, were tempted to X Terry out. tongue.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

You must be very proud, I know I would be. I can barely get my daughter to ride in my old cars much less get under them. Hope you don't mind me bring it forward for better "exposure". A few more like this and I may just have to do a Girls on Buicks calendar after all. Thanks for sharing!!!

BTW can a moderator please resize this (and a photo from the previous page) so one can see the picture without scrolling around.

8196Mr_Earlbigf-med.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reatta Man, the pose may be suspect, but the greasy clothes could have become that way from contact with the vehicle. I'd say she's a keeper if she helps with car repairs. smile.gif

Wayne </div></div>

Well put Wayne and thanks. I see nothing tacky about that pose. I personally see right through the grease to a beautiful young girl that probably has a great relationship with her dad that came from spending time with him working on his or her cars. And that my friend is not the standard for this day and time. So she chooses to express herself by posing like this. Much better in my opinion than as so often is the case with young girls of these days with safety pens in their eyebrows, rings in theirs noses and lips and cheap tattos covering their bodys.But you know what, even those girls dads love them and do not deserve to be told their daughter or a picture displayed of them in fun is "tacky".

Please guys, be careful what you say on this thread. I thought through what the potential pitfals and problems of such a thread as this could be before i started it. I have been on the BCA forum long enough to know that it is made up of adult or adult minded and gentlemanly participants. So please, and I'm not just speaking to Reatta Man, think about what you are about to say and how you would feel if it were said about your daughter, wife or mom even. With 3300 views and over 100 replies, apparently there are those that like this thread, so lets be careful...OK

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reatta Man, the pose may be suspect, but the greasy clothes could have become that way from contact with the vehicle. I'd say she's a keeper if she helps with car repairs. smile.gif

Wayne </div></div>

you know i saw this funny "chain email" sort of thing once (i think thats where it came from, when i saw it it was printed on paper) that was titled "You know you live in the Northeast if..."

and one of them was "if your girlfriend has in her car and knows how to use jumper cables." (as larry the cable guy) "heh, bull****!"

the vast majority of the girls in my HS do not fit this statement. there is one in my english class just like the one posted above, and interestingly enough, sits near me, along with this other one who has a corolla or something i dunno but hasnt changed the oil in like months past the due date. she told us this and me and the car-savvy girl almost at the same time went "Awww! <span style="font-style: italic">come on</span> !" it really is paniful to me to hear something like that. just the thought that another innocent engine is suffering at the hands of someone who just doesnt know any better.

Reatta Man:

My <span style="font-weight: bold">YOUNGEST</span> daughter, Nanomekanik, was 19 years old at the time <span style="font-weight: bold">SHE</span> decided to embellish her <span style="font-weight: bold">SHIRT</span> , (NOT her breasts!), with grease from a freind's car. She had just returned home, and was the only one to figure out the problem w/her freind's car, when 5 other guys were stumped. She's not a diagnostician, yet has learned a great deal from <span style="font-weight: bold">DAD</span> thru osmosis, considering she actually works on cars verrrry little, hence the name <span style="font-weight: bold">NANO</span> -mekanik. She also has a cute, small frame 5'4" and only 110#, a "little" girl who works on cars a "little" bit. She is a bold young lady, who was 1st chair saxophone in her freshman year, then became jazz band leader by junior year and carried the jazz band to 3 state competition wins. She also practiced power-lifting her last 2 years, and played football(kicker) for one. Like her mom, Panikmekanik, she is an accomplished,(and published), artist.

Nothing "tacky" about her, nor the Daddy who proudly posted a photo of his pride & joy.

I had'nt been here lately, spending most my on-line time at the Reatta discussion group, helping out & having some fun with other BCA/Reatta div. members. A concerned member sent me a PM, noting your reply to my posting of her photo, so I came to see for myself. Usually, I can write-off such comments, because words on the screen don't show the emotion behind them, causing different reactions from viewers. But, when one uses all caps, or, as in your case, bold typeface, the intent is somewhat more clear.

ME - Tacky? NO. YOU - Tactless? more likely.

Hope everyone enjoyed the photo as much as you must have.

Here's one you may find a little more tasteful, yet much more alluring-without grease!

post-38921-143137879144_thumb.jpg

Hey, as in previous threads, when all else fails (one when one finds himself/herself in an indefensable position) let's fall back on name-calling.

Now, go look at the photo again. In one of the 'spots' I was talking about, there is not a smudge, but five seperate smears in the shape of digits (fingers) in a strategic position.

No insult intended or aimed at your daughter--I hope the best for every young person, including my own son, but as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Or as we sometimes say in the military, "one screwup wipes out a thousand attaboys."

She looks like a smart, intelligent, fun-loving young lady, but that can all be wiped out with one photo. For example, when the blonde teacher in Florida was arrested for having sex with one of her students, which photo did the media run over and over again? The photo of her in conservative attire straight out of the high school year book? No, they used the photos of her in a leather bikini sitting on a motorcycle, because those images matched the impression of her they were trying to make in their stories about the arrest.

Please never underestimate the power of a photo in the hands of someone eager to use it for their own purposes..... I've been doing public affairs and media relations work for more than 20 years, and I know how things can be twisted.

Tactless Joe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hey, as in previous threads, when all else fails (one when one finds himself/herself in an indefensable position) let's fall back on name-calling.</div></div>

How 'bout we all try a unique thing called "READING"

I did not call anyone any names, merely pointed out someone's lack of tact in thier reply's comments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Now, go look at the photo again. In one of the 'spots' I was talking about, there is not a smudge, but five seperate smears in the shape of digits (fingers) in a strategic position. </div></div>

Next, if one were to "READ" my reply, one would note my daughter had personally "embellished" her shirt, to add more grease, for effect, with her own hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For example, when the blonde teacher in Florida was arrested for having sex with one of her students, which photo did the media run over and over again? The photo of her in conservative attire straight out of the high school year book? No, they used the photos of her in a leather bikini sitting on a motorcycle, because those images matched the impression of her they were trying to make in their stories about the arrest.

</div></div>

I did not take offense to your 1st post, yet your comparison of our photo to one of a known (female) pedophile was offensive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Please never underestimate the power of a photo in the hands of someone eager to use it for their own purposes..... I've been doing public affairs and media relations work for more than 20 years, and I know how things can be twisted.</div></div>

Knowing how things can be twisted, as you said, is different than twisting things to meet your agenda. Shame, Shame. After 20 years in the business, you should know better than to make the assumptions you seem to have made.

Sorry, but you "read" more into the photo than what was actually there.

Sounds like you could use a dose of Frank Zappa, to enlighten you to your own industry. Give a listen to "I'm the Slime", from Zoot Allures album, and have yourself a good belly-laugh.

Though published, (posted), I can forgive your comments, for they are merely WORDS, and do not injure myself, my family, nor anyone reading them.

Yet, they may hurt your image here, amongst your peers.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Budd, I'm not seeing your photo, only an X in a window frown.gif

and Roberta can you enlarge your pictures. I'm only seeing thumbnail size pictures. I know I don't want to miss seeing little Roberta!!! wink.gif

Joe,

The POINT is that your comments DID NOT need to be posted. I agree with you that the print is there and had the post come from Nanomekanicks BOYFRIEND then maybe we could have ribbed him a little but the post came from Dad so the implicative comment you made left (most) everyone feeling bad that you even posted it and worse yet, I am sure Peter is looking at this post constantly and has one finger on the DELETE button just ready for a situation like this...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is one in my english class just like the one posted above, and interestingly enough, sits near me, </div></div>

Is there a chance of a little romance? Did she choose to sit "near" you?

A youngin' your age... Well...

Man does not live by '38 Buick alone you know...

Kissy Kissy.

grin.gif

Guest ZondaC12

haha, unfortunately no, lol. she is already taken. not sure with who, but sure of the first statement. a good idea, though.

i concur, man doesnt live by '38 alone. regretfully impossible. (well not THAT regretfully, but life would certainly be simpler.)