GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

1 hour ago, Elpad said:

0A3D0EF5-7FA5-4567-951E-319FB1E09556.jpeg

Note the gas ration sticker on the upper location of the windshield.  Any idea what the round white thing is that is attached to the license plate?  This car looks like it is either a Pontiac or possibly an Olds.  Still a looker (the car too).

1 hour ago, kgreen said:

Note the gas ration sticker on the upper location of the windshield.  Any idea what the round white thing is that is attached to the license plate?  This car looks like it is either a Pontiac or possibly an Olds.  Still a looker (the car too).

'39 Pontiac, I believe

Ben

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kgreen said:

If I was guessing, it would be maybe an auto club medallion or parking pass because it has a bell in the middle.  Just a guess.

13 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

If I was guessing, it would be maybe an auto club medallion or parking pass because it has a bell in the middle.  Just a guess.

Maybe? Sorry folks it looked like a Buick! Again not to familiar with 30’& 40’s

2221551A-146B-453D-AD19-8DFBC65189B6.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elpad said:

Maybe? Sorry folks it looked like a Buick! Again not to familiar with 30’& 40’s

I can help you with that familiarity issue.  Pull out your checkbook and I start sending car listings your way.  You need to buy one!

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Elpad said:

Not sure if it is a Buick on top picture 2AB901AA-7557-4921-B6AF-9F429B7E82A6.jpeg

I'm going to go with '50 Chevy.  It's definitely a GM body but the vent window matches the Chevy better than the Olds.

Image result for 1950 chevy

No, now that I look at the trim on the rear quarter, I'm wrong.

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)

My dad always drove Buicks as did his dad.  In '52, we took the '50 Super on a trip to Oregon to see my grandparents.  Dad wanted to be able to share the moments so he purchased, for him, a very nice camera; an Argus C3.  After about a year, he got tired of it and it was rarely seen.  When I was in high school about ten years later, I found it in the back of a closet and asked if I could use it.  "Sure."   I  asked the journalism teacher at the school about taking pictures, and he gave me some quick lessons.  I bought some film and took pictures of different things that I thought were cool.  I showed them to my dad and he immediately wanted the camera back.  He apparently thought that the camera would only takie pictures that had to be developed as slides,  he didn't know that you could buy print film.  I then figured out why he tired of it so quickly. But as Jason said, he took a lot of pictures of the family posed with the Buick on our way out west.  Something about that generation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1