GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

4 hours ago, EmTee said:

Amazing -- pretty girl and "Super Dyna Flow" -- no translation required.  ;)

Google translator from Turkish to English:

Peri-Han.  We have our beautiful star plate number 38639 burgundy and cream(y) Buick with Super Dynaflow car.

But I don't have access to the Turkish alphabet.  You'll notice some of the lower case "i's" are dotted, some are not. Could make a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a photo taken around 1956-57 of a family trip from Flint Michigan to the Black Hills of South Dakota, by way of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  There were four adults and three children on the trip.  It was my uncles Buick, and pictured are my Aunt and Cousin.  It was the middle of July and no air conditioning!  ?  I can't remember how long it took, but we survived!

OLDSLI0015..jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, DAVES_BUICKS said:

This is a photo taken around 1956-57 of a family trip from Flint Michigan to the Black Hills of South Dakota, by way of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  There were four adults and three children on the trip.  It was my uncles Buick, and pictured are my Aunt and Cousin.  It was the middle of July and no air conditioning!  ?  I can't remember how long it took, but we survived!

OLDSLI0015..jpg

We did the same thing in 1950 (I was four at the time)  in  my Uncle's new 1950 Buick Super. My mom and dad along with me and my little brother  (he had just turned one and rode in my mother's lap the entire trip), riding with my mom's brother, his wife and their daughter.  We went from Central Kansas to NW Oregon.  Didn't think a thing about it except for when we stopped on US 50 in Colorado to get a picture of the family and the car with Pike's Peak in the background.  My uncle was taking the picture and trying to get us all framed in the picture and I was squeezed close enough to the car that I got my leg burned on the tailpipe.  That I remember, the rest of the trip was uneventful and I remember nothing of it.  

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Great period photo , but how do you know it’s a Buick ?

Not sure but I saw a partial sweespear and fender lines, rear view mirror and vent deflector that looks like a Buick but can’t see portholes. If I was in a jury bench my answer will be not A 100% Sir!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Elpad said:

Not sure but I saw a partial sweespear and fender lines, rear view mirror and vent deflector that looks like a Buick but can’t see portholes. If I was in a jury bench my answer will be not A 100% Sir!

Oh it is definitely a Buick. Could be a Super or Roadmaster from 1950. A special would have the same lines, no sweep spear.  1951-1953 Super or Roadmaster would have the fender lines.  Not certain on '53, but believe so.

Ben

• Like 1