FS: white hardtop-nice shape

Guest Jeffn

Guest Jeffn

Hi all you TCer's, LTNS.

I have my leftover white hardtop available for $50 if anyone whats a 2 tone looks on the car. Decent shape, maybe a little cleanup on the headliner from dirty fingers. One window fogged and one fairly clear. On Long Island so PU only. Drive in a ragtop, drive home with a hard one.

Guest Jeffn

Larry, if were not on the panhandle, I'd drop it off on my way down as we move to Vero...where on the handle are you?

And will Greyhound handle it?

Guest Jeffn

I counted up the items in my antiques shop(a serious one, 13000' chock a bloc) and came up with over 1000 things I have to ship to FL a swe prepare to move 4 of us with over 200 collective years in NY.

Lots of things will be tossed and many sent to auction for pennies on the $ so a $50 hardtop will head to the recycyle bin even a sympathetic as I am to the TC faithful.

Hey Jeff<

If it realy comes to chucking the top, and you feel like cutting out the opera windows (Sawsall or Jigsaw work good) I'll buy your 2 windows, Lou

Guest Jeffn

OK Lou if it comes to that. I may as well save the hardware and rear glass perhaps too. Never considered parting out a top before. Headliner's nice as well...maybe I could make a garden pond out of the shell.

If you want to save the headliner, the sides have push in serrated plastic clips that slide either toward the front or rear (Don't have the side panels to check). That gunk holding in the porthole glass seemed to reglue when the hot knife was done cutting it as well, maybe push from the outside while taking it out.

Guest REDMAN

you guys are breaking my heart ... here i sit in oklahoma , wth out a hard top . a million miles from any one that has a top for sale and all are either to high priced when you add the freight and here comes a cheapie and still no way to ship to oklahoma ,and then to top it all you are discussing destroying a perfectly good top ,i know that all were sold with a top .will the culprit that has my top please return it to me ....Art

I'm sorry Art,

The first TC I bought was Topless. but before it was delivered from Florida Rick Diogo Sold me a top for it.($400.00 & needed repair+ cleanup) I now have 3 complete TCs but The Hardtops are left hanging from the rafters. Once I removed them I never put them back on. I only drive them on real nice days other than that they stay inside & covered. If it's a nice day but cold I use the Convertible Top. Sorry, Lou

I only want the Glass as spare so they don't get wasted. lz

Guest REDMAN

lou i understand all you said , my point was where have all the tops gone are they fish ponds or just hanging around , i only drive mine when its nice i have several other cars to fill in when its regular okie weather , i just put a new tan top on my burgandy and it looks great mostly its up when in the garage , but it still is a great combo ,.sorry if i stepped on any one toes . Art

Hi Art,

I was not faulting anyone for anything. I completely understand your delima I was just trying to explain. my 1st TC came without a top then I saturated the "net" with request for one. Rick and the seller came thru for me. between them I got my top. The irony was that now that I have 3 low mileage kinda super TCs, with everything. The tops are not being used. I'm not trying to make light of your situation. ~ And ~ I would rather see you get the top; but if Jeff has too much to move.... Lou

Guest My TC Toy

Art,

I never thought I wouls ever hear of anyone living on the "mainland" say "a million mles from ...".You should count your blessings. Try living on an island in the North Atlantic off the east coast of Canada, now you're a million miles from...

At least you can get into your car and drive somewhere, anywhere, I have to drive for two days before I get to the 'mainland', and then still drive for another day before I get "anywhere".

Not nit picking just complainng about my situation (venting)!

That feels better.

Bob

Guest REDMAN

like lou said the top is down most of thr time ,its just that some one down the line kept my top ,probably to make a buck ! used car dealers used to keep the spare out of all trade ins ,then sold them to some one else , must have been a used car dealer owned mine at some point ,o well i can live without one just a wild thought , thanks guys Art