1934 35 40 series parts.

Guest 40series

Guest 40series

I have collected a mountain of parts including two cars that I am going to start parting and selling thanks to the purchase of a beautiful original car. Let me know what you need; I may have it.

I have a 35 buick model 57 and I'm wondering about the interchange of parts from the 40 series to the 57. My car is needing quite a few parts: rear bumper, all window garnish except windshield, tail light housings, radiator, front and rear seats. Any chance that you'd have any of these?

Thanks,

Guest 40series

I have all those parts. It is my understanding that with the exception of some accessories in the interior and the hood and fenders being longer of course that a lot of the 40 and 50 series interchanges. PM me your number and I can call you with measurements.

Very little will interchange between a Series 40 and Series 50 of 1934/35.

All chassis and body parts are different right down to headlights and tail lights, wheels and hubcaps are different, interior different, instruments and instrument panel different, motor is vastly different.

The only parts I think may interchange are transmission and differential internals.

All the large Series cars in 1934/35 ( including the 50 Series ) ran the original straight 8 engine design introduced in 1931 whereas the 40 Series in 34 saw the introduction of the new style motor which was further refined and introduced in all models in 1936.

Guest 40series

I understood that the headlights and tailights where the same other than being chromed. How are the bumpers different if they are?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40series</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understood that the headlights and tail lights where the same other than being chromed. How are the bumpers different if they are? </div></div>

Headlights are larger, as well as being chromed and the tail lights are of a different design and also larger, even the stanchions are different.

Headlamp complete part numbers are:

885-E LH Series 40 1934/35

885-F RH Series 40 1934/35

880-A LH Series 50,60 & 90 1934/35

880-B RH Series 50,60 & 90 1934/35

Many parts are interchangeable between Series 50,60 and 90, especially body parts. These series including the 50 were 75" wide, almost 5" wider than the 40 Series which was only 70 1/4" wide.

Even the flying lady mascot was smaller on the 40 series than on the larger series cars.

The other interesting point, and this is why I favour the 40 Series in 34/35 is the new design of the 40 Series motor was more powerful than that in the Series 50 with the 40 Series developing 93BHP and the 50 developing only 88BHP and with a much larger chassis and body to lug around.

What about things like the window garnish? Is it worth taking some measurements to see if they'd interchange and fit my '35 model 57? I would feel much better starting on this car if I could get the garnish. Then again, that would leave me wanting seat skeletons and then the radiator and tail light stanchions, etc.

I very much appreciate the discussion on this.

Joel

Guest 40series

Well Joel; If you don't want to messa round with finding the parts for the 57. I have a pair of Model 41 Sedans that I am going to sell as a package and can bring them as far as Kansas next month. I will post a seprate listing for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Joel, I have a 1935 50 series engine, exhaust manifold ends, some floor pans, engine splash pans, generator and some other parts. I think that I have one front fender.

I do not have any of the window garnish mouldings.

Send me a list of what you need and I will let you know if I have anything for you.

fred.rawling@live.com or call (562) 644-4670 in California

• 12 years later...

I know this is an old thread but here goes.....I'm rebuilding clutch and trans in my 1935 40 Series and need a THROWOUT BEARING RETAINER CUP.  Mine has an ear broken off and missing.  Not sure if it is 1935 only or possibly 34-35 or maybe 34-36.  Mine has the traditional bearing (not carbon bearing).  Haven't been able to find one from CARS or Bob's Automobilia, Ebay or anywhere else.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  John (832)921-2576

6 hours ago, jmichaelmetz said:

I know this is an old thread but here goes.....I'm rebuilding clutch and trans in my 1935 40 Series and need a THROWOUT BEARING RETAINER CUP.  Mine has an ear broken off and missing.  Not sure if it is 1935 only or possibly 34-35 or maybe 34-36.  Mine has the traditional bearing (not carbon bearing).  Haven't been able to find one from CARS or Bob's Automobilia, Ebay or anywhere else.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  John (832)921-2576

John, attached is a couple pictures of my `36 40 series throw-out. Duz this look the same as yours? I got mine(collar and return spring) from Dave Tacheny  763 427 3460 m-f 4-7pm central time.  I have 3 extra new clutch disc if you need one, 10"dia 10 spline 1 1/4" center hole.

DSCN5845.JPG

DSCN5846.JPG

Hi,I have a 35 41 series sedan with the spare tire in the back and would like to make it a side mounted car with a luggage rack.  Would you have side mount fenders,rack and wheel covers? Just wondered.Also I need a muffler hanger.Thanks.

• 1 year later...