Aluminum Heads

Guest RACEBUICKS

Guest RACEBUICKS

I have a set of stock freshly rebuilt 300 heads. They are aluminum. All the seats and guides were in good shape and its had a valve job. These heads are ready to bolt on. $375 shipped anywhere in the continental US. Other places need to be quoted.

Pictures available soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ric's62

What year are these heads from? Would these fit the 62 215 alum v8? I believe i have read in the past that they would be a performance upgrade to the stock because of larger valves/ better flow?If they would fit, is there any other installation problems. New exhaust manifold or adapters for the stock intake? E-mail wudburnr@aol.com Thanks rick

BCA 38423

62 4167

The 300 heads will bolt on the 215, but they don't have the extra head bolt bosses down below the exhaust ports, so you won't be able to put those bolts in. They will work and improve performance, but the head clamping load will not be what the factory inteneded for that aluminum block.

Guest Ric's62

Brian, thanks for the info. Seems like the little upgrades and modifications always open up that can of worms. Better leave well enough alone, but will probably keep trying anyway.