Sign in to follow this  
Econovanman

BEST TRAILER TIRES????

37 minutes ago, edinmass said:

I run the best tire I can find........rated for 4400 pounds..........and it weighs twice what a Goodyear does.......I have 75k on mine, and I haul heavier than almost anyone in the car hobby with big cars............I stil have more than 60 percent tread. Tire is 145.00. It’s the only thing in China that’s well made. All steel casement. Basically a 16 inch tractor trailer tire....Sailun S637 trailer only tire.

Hopefully someday Sailun will make a tire that fits my trailer. Until then, I will keep buying MAXXIS M8008 ST tires for my trailer.

• Like 2

Benefits of AACA Membership.

15 hours ago, charlier said:

Hopefully someday Sailun will make a tire that fits my trailer. Until then, I will keep buying MAXXIS M8008 ST tires for my trailer.

I am currently running the Maxxis M8008s myself & got 95,000 on the enclosed trailer with the last set. I was very disappointed in the Goodyear Endurance tires, got only half that mileage on a set of those. I loved the Marathons, never had an issue with them. However since I run 120-155k per year, they didn't sit around dry rotting. Before those I ran more than a decade with Yokahama LT tires & never had any problems with them either. I have been blessed to not have had any issues with tires over my 36+ year career of being a transporter. Part of that is because I don't buy cheapo trailers & my stuff always stays inside my heated building when not in use ( I am not homeless) & I am anal about maintenance & doing all my work myself I know what I am doing. 

• Like 2