1937 Kiwi Buick for sale.

Guest 1937RHDNZ

Guest ZondaC12

Pretty nice, I like it!

However, the rocker cover has definitely been chromed at some point in the car's life. I am suprised how many ratehr significant flaws I find on the 37/38 buicks I look at on ebay for kicks. "pro" restorations even. Thats dfefinitely wrong, it should be the same color as the block, with the decal on it saying "Buick Dynaflash Eight Valve In Head" (though that may be just '38 I forget they might not have called it that or said it on the decal in '37. The font in '37 is a much more formal looking one too.

Other than that it seems...pretty correct!

Guest DaveCorbin

To all of us:

If you ever wondered what it's like to drive a Right Hand Drive (RHD) car, check these pictures, especially the one of the dashboard!

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest Grant Magrath

Hi guys.

The thing that gets me about driving a car with the steering wheel on the opposite side, is when you look up to check the rear vision mirror. I keep looking up at the A pillar!

As for the chrome rocker cover, we have a 1938 Special with what I believe to be a 1937 engine in it.(I'll have to run the number past you at some point Dave!) The rocker ain't chromed! My theory is that at some point they might have been chromed in the 50's or 60's. My 39 Chevy engine was turquoise when I bought it!

That 37 for sale in NZ is not bad, but $49,995? And the 39 convertible for $74000, well, they could have done some research and got things like the upholstry, and wiring loom correct, to name a few! Good luck in this economy. I'm a cynical old buggar! The 39 would be a good buy for someone in the U.S. Just divide the ammount by 2!

Cheers

Grant

One of my 39's in NZ has a chrome rocker cover smile.gif

___

Both cars for sale are top dollar for NZ.

The 39 was delvered new in UK. Has Fisher body no 3, Chassis 13393189 Engine 43575732. Came up in 2004 on Ebay for Au$15,000 unrestored. (image below) To NZ it then went. Was owned in UK by an Aussie living in UK & hence AUD price. Been for sale restored on & off for about 2 years now. The same guy also has/had a 1939 Buick with a drophead body (convertible) by Carlton UK. That car was on ebay.com in 2005 for US$40,000 unrestored (as below}. Has alloy body over wood.

post-51977-143138048812_thumb.jpg

post-51977-143138048813_thumb.jpg

post-51977-143138048812_thumb.jpg

post-51977-143138048813_thumb.jpg

Guest Art  Williams

I've seen quite a few '37/38 cars in the UK with chrome rocker cover and also the spark plug cover was chromed. My own car's is painted. I suspect that Lendrum & Hartman (the main dealer in the UK) were responsible for these parts getting chromed.

Art

I had a chrome rocker cover as well on my '38! Since taken back to engine colour blue/green... Like most on this link I just assumed it was a 1950s/60s addition.

Have I done the wrong thing? It was pretty naff I might add and needed attention so I had to do something!

Right hand drive too...

Regards

DT

Guest 1937RHDNZ

It would seem that geting engine parts chromed 40 odd years ago was a lot more afforable than it is today.

Rather interesting to see quite a few cars had their bits shinied up.

My engine is back to 'normal' now. A huge improvement on the previous blanket black everywhere mess. Now happy these days to open the engine bay, for those interested.

post-45230-143138048834_thumb.jpg

post-45230-143138048834_thumb.jpg

Guest Grant Magrath

She's looking good Neil! We need to get our butts into gear and tidy up the '38's engine and engine bay. Then sell it. Don't know anyone that wants a nice 38 Special sedan? Complete with Skip Boyer's interior plastic! It was Todd Blackadder's mum's car and is in his biography apparently. (for the benefit of our U.S. readers, Todd was an All Black rugby captain, and now coaches the Crusaders rugby team in New Zealand).

Cheers

Grant