where to buy parts

Guest 1930

New to A, who sells original parts, I am looking for some hard to find parts that would be overlooked by most guys, anyone specialize in hoarding A parts?? A name and phone # would be very helpfull. Thanks

Ok well that great, here is a picture, the far left shows what you would see if you were to lift up the carpet in the car, it snaps onto the male portion which is shown still screwed into floorboard on the far right. The middle view shows the 7 little ears that get folded in the carpet so that the snap stays in place. I dont really care the cost and would make it more than worth someones while.

post-48869-14313804936_thumb.jpg

So, do I understand correctly that you are looking for the portion of the snap that is installed in the carpet?

My car is a phaeton, so it has a rubber mat, so I don't have this problem.

If that is what you are looking for, I would check with an upholstery shop. When looking for something similar for a different project, I found a shop that specialized in sails and other marine work had similar hardware.

I am looking for both sides, but the females especially, I am not looking for something similar but am looking for these originals, thanks for the input though.

You can also check www.fordbarn.com. They have a swap link for buy/sell and also a forum link with a lot of Model A guys with a ton of knowledge and info on where to locate parts, etc. Site also has weblinks (in upper left corner) to all sorts of Model A, T, V-8 things. Good Luck.

James Powell

1930 Ford Model A Coupe

GWC Model A Club

I am looking for originals yes, thanks for the link I will check that out, let me know if you find any in your parts Jim

1930 That carpet snap is the same as my 1931 Chevrolet I was able to reuse all but one.Slipped one repo in. could not find another original one.I would think that most GMs would be the same,that would widen your search.Good luck

Thanks alot for that info, yes I have a 29 Chevy and bought a 30 for parts and was happy to see that 30 used the same but now I know 31 also so as you said it will widen my search. I really figured there were so many Fords still out there and so many that people have modified that it would be alot simpler. When I saw that 30 Victoria at a local AACA show with the snaps I figured I had hit the jackpot and my search was over but I guess thats what I get for thinking.

i dont know if this would jar anyones memory but here are some great pictures of what I am looking for. Thanks for any help

post-48869-143138051214_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138051219_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138051223_thumb.jpg