flashing check engine light

Guest daveagain909

Guest daveagain909

The check engine light comes on and then shuts off about 20 seconds later then stays off for 5 to 10 minutes before it acts up again or if you step on the gas and let off it will go off quicker, any Ideas, a friend thought it might be a vacumn leak?

Guest daveagain909

i finally got to check codes it is a 26 which is: Quad-Driver (QDM) Circuit. not sure what this means but I was told it has something to do with Air conditioner? which is the other check light I get. anyone know what to do about a code 26?

Code 26 can have four (quad ==4) causes:

EGR

Cannister Purge

LO Fan

TCC

Diagnosis is in the FSM but if occuring below 45 mph it is not TCC and you can check the fan (if engine is cool it should be off unless you turn the a/c on in which case it should be running).

100% cannister purge should affect the idle and that leaves EGR (most common cause).

Guest daveagain909

the check engine light does not come on unless you are driving faster than 60 mph.

I will check fan tommarro but I am not really suspect that the fan is not working because car does not have any elevation in the temperature gauge.

I am not sure of the accronyms mean that you guys use, Sorry I must be stupid or you guys have your own language that I do not understand. FSM ? TCC? cannister purge?

I will report back on what you recomment and I understand.

Factory Service Manual - essential to a Reatta and available for free from Reatta.net. Transmission Control Clutch e.g.lockup. Evaporative emissions cannister purge - draws gasoline vapor into intake.