bumper strip 68 olds delta custom

Guest DeltaBlue

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rich_Illinois

Hi Terry,

I have such a strip, but it is not of show quality --- has several small imperfectons, mostly on the O L D S side of it.

(kinda like little round raised bumps)

For a driver it would be ok, but not for a show car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Rohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wrong forum, this is for paper stuff </div></div>

Uh?

It's Oldsmobile Buy/Sell. Anything you're looking to buy or peddle for an Oldsmobile is OK by me. Just be discreet with the ebay links and don't try to sell cheap cell phones or sneakers. wink.gif

Guest Rich_Illinois

Hi Terry,

In my garage smile.gif Actually we are moving, and this piece from our 68 is leftover from when we worked on it a bit and did some showing. (so it got replaced)

Its in East Central Illinois, 100 miles south of Chicago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we are moving</div></div>

Rich, y'all have my sympathy. I'll be doing the same thing in a couple years. The cars and some of their paraphernalia are already moved out to the home place, but I have 23 years worth of stuff to go thru, pack and move. I've pretty much decided some of the 30+ year-old cheap furniture is going to the curb.

Terry, that nameplate isn't easy to find so Rich's piece might be good to hold you over till you find an NOS.

Grp 7.832 p/n 230407, nameplate, rear bumper "OLDSMOBILE" for 1968 series 6400 & 6600 Delta 88 and Delta Custom.

Guest Rich_Illinois

<span style="color: #3366FF"> "I've pretty much decided some of the 30+ year-old cheap furniture is going to the curb."</span>

Thanks smile.gif

LOL! We share similarities!!

Im still trying to figure out how our good friend Ron A. of IVOC fame made his move! <span style="font-weight: bold">Lots</span> of car stuff!

Good luck, at least you have some time to manuever in.

When Bob and Pat Brannan moved back to Oklahoma from Charlotte, they took NINE truckloads of stuff, most of which was their car stuff.

Bob had a couple of housecleaning parties before they moved, and a whole lot of Oldsmobile parts stayed in Carolina. A whole lot of them ended up at my place. blush.gif

Guest Rich_Illinois

38 inches

It is in original GM box, and as Glenn said (thanks Glenn!):

Grp 7.832 PN 230407 is labelled on the box.

Edit

Hmmmm . . . . On the back of the Nameplate is PT # 398855 --- and below that, 13828

Maybe Glenn can help here, I have no idea.

230407 is the part number for the molding "package", which most likely originally included the fastening nuts. 398855 is most likely a casting number, or GM's number for the molding itself, which was never available to the public under that number.

Paul

• 1 month later...
Guest Rich_Illinois

I still have it.

I believe it is fastened with what are called speednuts.

I dont have those, but a body shop surely would.

I added a bumper strip to the rear of my Delmont 88, I know it wasn't an option for The Delmont (although it should of been) It looks too good to not have on the back. Anyway I picked up speed bolts at Lowe's. I used an 3/16" stud, 3/8 Hex type and it works perfect. The hard part was getting my arm up behind the bumper without taking the bumper off. It can be done. A ratchet and socket was my weapon of choice. Good Luck to ya.

• 1 month later...