A tragedy struck yesterday.....help!

Guest wk's_olds

Guest wk's_olds

Yesterday I was at the old auto museum, and I occasionaly go there to be sure the 1922 Stutz still starts. I started it up, and it was idling just fine, when suddenly I heard a thrashing sound coming from under the hood. I stopped the engine and looked under the hood to discover that the fan bearing had suddenly-without any warning whatever-had come apart and sent the fan into the radiator!!!!! There are only 2 or 3 of these that are known to exist at this point in time. It's probably an exercise in futility to even hope to find a radiator. This is an expensive auto, too. The radiator is the honeycomb type.

Suggestions?

Guest wk's_olds

Thanks! I'll check out that one, too, although I'm trying to find a repair shop a bit closer to home; Denver, perhaps.

Guest wk's_olds

I did find a place in Denver. I submitted photos to them; awaiting response as to costs. The place in California is talking $2000 + shipping both ways. I hope we can do better in Denver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wk's_olds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did find a place in Denver. I submitted photos to them; awaiting response as to costs. The place in California is talking $2000 + shipping both ways. I hope we can do better in Denver. </div></div>

In this case, I wouldn't shop for price, I'd shop for quality. If $2,000 gets you good quality (get references), then spend the $2,000. I don't think you'll find prices any less than that, unless it's from a shade-tree shop.