Beware of this Reatta on ebay!

Guest CL_Reatta

Guest CL_Reatta

Hi there everyone,

the white 1988 reatta Click Here on ebay seems to be mis-represented a bit. In the litsting it is stated that it has a FACTORY rear spoiler. And when I contacted him for some general questions about the car since I was interested. When I just added the note that reattas did not come with a spolier from the factory he seemed to get upset and insited that it was factory, and when I asked to see more pictures of the sunroof since you can tell that it is aftermarket in the pictures, he got even more upset and told me that the sunroof was factory as well. Now he doesnt reply to any e-mails from me.

Be very careful with this car.

Yea,I'm sure it's a FACTORY spoiler. It even has the FACTORY third stop light in it. I would guess it also has a FACTORY solid mast antenna (or maybe he forgot to mention,it works when it wants too).

Well price is going to be low (161,000 miles, CRK works occasionally, needs a/c work) and it does have decent looking 16-ways.

Also says *power" sunroof (even aftermarket not cheap) and trunk handle clears the antenna.

Clincher is the very late 88 VIN, must very near the end of production. Gold horn button is correct for a late 88.

If the underside is sound it could make someone a nice driver. Have always liked the white/red combo.

Guest CL_Reatta

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: handmedownreatta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">could it be the factory sunroof with a wrong color panel? </div></div>

Yes, it looks very glass, and the dome light is in the wrong spot

That is an aftermarket sunroof. When they installed his they moved the dome light forward. How would you be able to retrieve items behind the seat in the dark without the dome light?

Mine is still towards the back so you can still see. That is the reason for the rear view mirror map lights.

Guest RoadmstrNReatta

I still don't get the point of him "Proudly" announcing he's an ASC certified Mechanic, yet his car is in need of repairs, so what benefit did the Reatta receive as a result of his certification, he even lets us know the one thing "ABS Unit" that WAS fixed was NOT fixed by him. If he can't/won't fix a simple A/C clutch issue what other things did he NOT attended to. confused.gif

I think the ABS is a terminology issue. I believe he is stating that he sent the Teves pump out for repair. I also believe that the clutch that is out on the A/C compressor is the inner clutch [basically non repairable] not the outer clutch that the belt runs on [easily repairable or bypassed].

He is just misinformed on the sunroof and spoiler and now thinks that his intelligence is insulted because he didn't know as much as he thought he did about the car.