E85

Guest vicsik1969

Guest vicsik1969

Has anyone else experimented with this?

I have in various mixtures in my other cars and now in my TC, too.

Oddly enough, and against all logic and what I've read, my fuel mileage has went UP when I use a mixture giving me approximately E30 (30% Ethanol).

I'm thinking about going to an E50 mixture.

Car acutally seems to run a little better.

E85 has a much higher octane rating than 'regular' gas. I've seen a few racers use it in turbo cars, they do have to dump more of it in with larger injectors though... I'll believe you if you have seen better mileage with it but conventional logic says higher ocatane=higher resistance to light off=less BTU's per gallon=less energy/power/mileage.

Alan

I do not like the ethanol mixtures. All of our gas here in Tampa has 10% ethanol added. I have been looking into the HHO systems and if you want to double your mileage and burn cleaner I would suggest a hydrogen conversion. I am about to add it to my '66 Mustang GT 350 and if that works well then I will try it on the T C. Go to www.sunmarkauto.com and scroll down to "click here to save on gas" and check it out. You can also check www.yourwater4gasreview.com. They do the conversions near my home and it is simple and it will double your gas mileage. And it does not void your warranty or damage your engine. http://forums.aaca.org/images/icons/default/lightbulb.gif