Wnttd: 20s Houck or Rudge Whitworth KO wheel.Leads? See photos

Wanted: One circa late 1920s Houck or Rudge Whitworth knock off wire wheel,like these pictured. I have 3-need a 4th. 48 spoke,rim is 19 1/2" O.D. 3 7/8" wide.The hub takes a cap that is 3 1/16 I.D. They fit a splined hub.I would also like to buy 4 knock off hub assemblies to fit these wheels. Leads appreciated! George Albright,Ocala,Fla. cell 352 843 1624 email gnalbright@gmail.com

post-35826-143138047224_thumb.jpg

post-35826-143138047226_thumb.jpg

post-35826-143138047227_thumb.jpg

Dear Alan & Layden Greetings! Thanks for the imput. In reality,I have no idea what year or who made them-I guessed! I bought them to maybe put on a circa 1927-39 sprint car project,if I ever find one in pieces,as I have 4 complete cars. Do you think they are the correct size and style for such a project? George email gnalbright@gmail.com

George,

I was actually leaning towards what would have been on the MG-TC. They appear to be the proper hub, rim type and diameter.

Sure, put them on your sprint car, may not be as proper as Buffalo, Houk, Pasco etc. but they would look the part.

Parts are easier to get for this "Dayton" - "Dunlop" stuff, hubs, caps and all.

Good Luck........I only suggest MG, you should confirm with an MG or British car guy.

Alan

Guest Indianfour

George: I once owned a 1926 Amilcar Type E Speedster that used those same Rudge-Whitworth wheels that you are showing. Took the tires with the clincher beads. Indian Four

Hello Indian4, These wheels are not clincher but have a rolled bead, the same as does a 1928 or 29 Model A Ford. It could be possible that they are earlier but I question it. I still lean towards mid to late 40's British which could include versions of other cars, such as Jaguar 1.5, MG, Talbot etc. I just don't know them well enough. The Rudge wheels I have seen that have been early 20's -teens have all had many more spokes that do these wheels. George, if you look on EBAY, there are a pair of 1.5 Jag. hubs selling now. Compare the measurements. Any more ideas Layden?

Alan