what sedan is this??

coal_roller

I need some help... i have been researching this car for some time now and i cant seem to find out what model it is. unfortunatly i dont have the numbers in front of me and some of them are not readable. so here is the basics to it...

it is a 4 door with a 6 cyl. it has a vent in front of the windshield (all the pics ive seen have the vents on either side in front of the doors)

the generator is chain drive and on the left side opposite the starter.. evrything ive read has the gen on the other side and belt-drive. that is where im getting confused

it also has wood rims

i looked in the parts books i have and cant find any numbers that match up telling me anything about this model. i cant find the engine in any of the books either

i know this isnt alot of info to go on but i will get some pics posted up later.. any help is appreciated!! thanks

Sorry about this my neighbor put this on here last night when I was taking pictures and writing down part numbers. I have a few numbers from the frame, head, starter,manifold, block, and a few other parts, if this would help out. I have not down loaded the pictures yet but I am will to give any information that might help me figure out what type it is.

Guest John1918

Maybe it is a 28-29 Victory Six or Standard Six. The gen drive is within the chain case and on the inlet/exhaust manifold side (the right side), opposite the later belt driven generators. Are you sure the gen is on the left side?

My 1928 Victory Six sedan has chassis M43534, eng M82-073, body DI 6800. John

post-45637-143138047314_thumb.jpg

Yeah I am sure it is on the left side of the motor (looking at the motor from the front of the car)and it is chain driven. And the frame number is M81078. Everything I have been told and the title says a 1929 but I really dont think it is.

Guest John1918

Yes, the generator is on the same side as mine, depends which side you are looking from! Your car is a Victory Six 1929 series, made around November 1928. It will have a cowl band and park lights, -mine doesn't, and the wider doors etc. It is a nice car to have! John