DB paint colors before 1928

Guest DBAcadia

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe Cozza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kangabro,

My body is steel over a wooden frame also. I've been told the vents were added later. maybe the cowel lights too. I have signal lights. A wind up lever that last about 30 sec., maybe thats why the're there.

Who is TJ Richards? I'd like to talk to them.:)smile.gif

Do you have any info? </div></div>Joe, did you stick a magnet to the body? Bob always said it was aluminum, I never checked. And there's a good explaination of TJ Richards on the Prewarcar.com site today, along with a nice DB for sale.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorting through some papers, I found this document listing the colors pre 1928.

Unfortunately page 2 is missing. Presumably Chrysler would still have a full copy of this.

Is there any way of getting modern paint codes for these colors?

post-44765-14313805916_thumb.jpg

post-44765-143138059166_thumb.jpg

post-44765-143138059171_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a 1926 DB 2d Business Coupe in dire need of a new paint job... would love to know if it came in anything but black... Please send me a copy of the list... Thanks in advance!

A combination of enamel and varnish was used during the time period of 14-24. Your car would have originally been sprayed with an enamel paint that was baked to give it a tougher finish.