Need to find source for windshield regulator tape.

Guest Ray Corder

Guest Ray Corder

I am looking for a source for windshield regulator tape. It looks like stainless steel strap about 10" long and 1.5" wide with a slight curve to it lengthwise and has a square hole about every .75". It is used to extended the windshield out on cars with split windshield that can be cranked open. I need it for a 34 Chrysler Airflow CU, but I am posting it to the Plymouth site because I was told that some of the 34-37 Plymouth's used this same this same tape. I don't know if that is true or not.

Thanks Ray Corder

Guest Ray Corder

Thanks Marv, Do you know if they called in Regulator Tape in their parts or body manual or by some other name. In the Chrysler Airflow body Manual it is called Windshield Regulator Tape.

Ray

• 11 months later...
Guest waedison

Ray, I don't have a source for the tape you describe, but hope you can help me out. I have a replacement windshield regulator for my wife's 37 Plymouth hot rod, but cannot figure out how to get what's left of the old regulator out. The piece you describe has been cut off. I'll have most of it, perhaps you could use it for a pattern if you can find the spring steel needed. It could be difficult to reproduce though, from what I can see.

If you know how to get the old regulator out, I'd sure appreciate any tips or advice you may offer. Thanks/Butch