Red RAGTOP at Zephyrhills Collector car auction

Guest RattyOne

Guest RattyOne

On Saturday, a great looking RED w tan ragtop 91 is up for sale at auction. 20,000 claimed miles. The builder log is there as well as tire gauge and other "goodies". Rims look like new, paint is "as new" and original. Claimed to be garage kept and to be sold at no reserve.

Auction is Saturday Feb 21 at Zephyrhills 35th Annual Winter Autofest at Festival park on US 301. It is well down the list.

As a side note - all these supposed "car guys" would walk right past this car to stare at a Chevelle/396 on one side and a 70's GM pickup on the other. VERY few appreciated what sat in front of their eyes.

I'm too broke to bid but I expect it may be "well bought"

Sorry I can't do a photo

Hello RattyOne,

Thanks for the posting. I remember looking at their website with the auction number and there was a "LM" for low mileage indicator but there was not a "NR". Indicating that I believe there is a reserve. You have to be a registered bidder before hand I believe. Sounds like a great convertible!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 89REATTAJIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barney, am going to Zeph this A M, will try to get info for you......... Jim </div></div>

Barney, VIN: 1G4EC33C6LB908498 nice car. Will try to attach pics:

Had to leave about 1:30, car will prob not go thru auction 'till 4:00 or maybe after. Will try to get more info later. Jim

post-40659-143138045476_thumb.jpg

post-40659-143138045479_thumb.jpg

post-40659-143138045481_thumb.jpg

post-40659-143138045484_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the vin number, it is on the database because the info came from the GM database. You will note that we don't know who owned it, its mileage, or state it was in.

Note with the 908498 vin number this car is 17 cars from the end of 1990 production.

The car has no options, just a very nice suvivor...

Which reminds me, the 1991 white convertible that is/was on Ebay ...I contacted the owner for more info and he responded. He claims to also own two 1990 convertibles which he purchased new, he drove one and stored one and is thinking about selling, I have ask for more details.

Barney, do you know how much the Reatta went for at Zephyrhills? When I saw on the forum it was supposed to be a '91, I made plans to go over to the auction and bid on it. Then further checking found it wasn't a '91 at all, but a '90, so I passed.

The '91 white convert on e-bay I believe was owned by Mike Hadden, formerly in charge of Buick franchising. Even with 100K it should be in nice shape.

The grey part you see in the lock picture is the ugly part of the lock. You can still insert the key and open the trunk.

What has happened, the decrative cover has come off. There is a part called the "Shutter" that has a spring loaded door that the key goes through. There is also the "Cap that holds the shutter in place. Behind the shutter are two small springs that hold the shutter tight against the cap.

When you remove the key, there is sometimes enough friction to pull the cap and shutter loose and parts fly everywhere because of the springs.

I had a car with the problem and spent several hours at three different locksmiths. I figured I might save other Reatta owners the time I spent if I put together a KIT that replaces the lost parts.

I sell a KIT with a NEW Shutter, Cap, and two springs. The kit comes with instructions. The price per kit is $9.00 including shipping.

Because you must remove the tailamp assembly and the plastic panel below the bumper, it takes about 1-1.5 hours to take out the lock, install the new parts and reinstall everything. It is not difficult, just time consuming.

Guest jamhudson

I'm not familiar with the Barney key cover. Seems Like I did see a picture sometime back but cannot find it in the search. Sometimes mine falls out. Maybe someone will post it again.

It works and it is (relatively) cheap. Even now some parts (like the hub cap centers) that were once available seem to be no longer. A good thing to have for the future.

Some spares are not a question of "if" but "when".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daveagain909</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had sent a note to Zephyrhills Collector car auction they sent a note back today that it sold for $12,000. So now we know. </div></div>

Your post on the 'Vert sighting thread says it sold for $15,000. Which is right??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 89REATTAJIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daveagain909</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had sent a note to Zephyrhills Collector car auction they sent a note back today that it sold for $12,000. So now we know. </div></div>

Your post on the 'Vert sighting thread says it sold for $15,000. Which is right?? </div></div>

Got an E-mail from Z'hills Auction this A M..... Said it sold for $15,900.00......... Jim