For Those Up North, You Really Need One Of These....

TxBuicks

Guest imported_MrEarl

Cool tractor, why I bet you could build one of them Dandy Dave. There's lots of good videos on that site. I particular like the Playing for Change/Stand By me one.

thanks for sharing Roy. smile.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

This is a neat machine. While I haven't seen this one before, I have seen quite a number of machines put together for snow and other purposes. We seem to have lost the creative problem-solving thought of yesteryear.

A few random thoughts:

Poor horse! Taking a beating while up to it's breast bone in deep snow. It should have bitten that guy on it's back.

The Chevy looks pretty good with those tubes on it. Almost better than with the fenders.

And there appears to be no heater in that touring car? Bet it's awful cold

Isn't that the propulsion system the Americans were after in the movie "Hunt for the Red October"?

I wonder what the operator would wind up looking like if he fell off that thing while it was driving, as he appeared to almost do several times?

Other than that, cool 1924 sceanery.

I also noticed he was wearing only a shirt and tie towards the end of the clip.

When I posted this, I was thinking along the same lines as Thriller. This was 1924, 85 years ago, when it seems like good mechanical inventions were happening every day. It must have been exciting.