data plate

Guest 1930

OK then, I have only seen windshield frames on these cars Chromed and the D.B sales ammunition handbook for 29/30 DA roadster list it as ( quote ) .......Full vision is assured at all times. The windshield is framed in Chromium plated rim and opens out, lying flat forward if desired.......The entire top will fold and let down resting on chromium plated top rests.

His windshield post may very well be black originally. I know little about export cars. It is an interesting question though I hope someone will have more info on. I would suggest scraping away some of the black paint and looking for any signs of chromium plating. If it is not there than I would consider that it never was there. Seems unlikely that anyone would completely remove the chrome before they painted it. I also made the mistake of confusing roadter with Phaeton. The same info though still stands as it still states Chromium plating for the front posts as well as the entire rim but it does not state that the top rests were chrome specifically for this particular model so I am not sure on that but looking into it further the DA parts book lists the Roadster and Phaeton top rests together but give a different part # for each model. It then lists the long screw that attaches this rest to the body ( 16x3 ) as the same # for both models and states nickel plated so I guess it would still lead me to believe that they each had similar finishes ( possibly chrome or nickel depending on production # ) Sorry for any confusion.