data plate

Guest 1930

I may have been told this in the past but cant remember, what is this plate for and is there a way to decipher what it means, mine is a 30 DA, I have pnly seen one other DA with it but I am sure there are many others I just dont have photos of in that area, it reads the numbers 242 2905

post-48869-14313804342_thumb.jpg

Guest DodgeKCL

If the numbers are the same as other CPDD vehicles ,the '242' will be the body style and the '2905' will be the sequential body number at the body factory before delivery to Dodge Main.

Joe that is very interesting, do you have any data on what you mention?? Doug that is a Kingston canister, you may or may not know that DA used both Kisgston and Stewert tanks depending on prod, sequesnce, I am very glad it is Kingston as Stewert had the potmetal top and WAAY to many pieces inside. By the way Doug that info I sent you on #s seems to be more complicated than I thought but I also sent them to my friend David H. and he was able to make heads and tails of some of it, apparently he had been searching for some of those #s for years, if you cannot figure it out than I can shed some light if you like, I can even post it here if anyone else is interested and we can all discuss it??? There is still alot of info that neither of us can figure out yet after talking it over. Kcl sorry but I dont know what CPDD means??? Can you explain

Yes I would definitely do that, how can i do that, also what is your take on it, do you have any engine # info that might enlighten me, I sent a copy to you keiser, jan, David, Steven, Joe, Terry Glenn and some others overseas but have not heard anything yet from anyone, pretty sure you also know these people that is why I mentioned only first names, I felt a little embarrased to ask for this help because I thought this might be to easy of a question but am I wrong?

Also I think you are right about there being no way to referance casting #s or serial #s that are on other components. Would you agree that both our heads would most likely have the same casting # and dosent it surprise you that noone has put together a list of these #s yet, its a shame all the parts i have sold myself and never bothered to keep track of all this but it was because I already assumed there was some majic book out there.

There were so many types of numbers out there, it's hard to keep track of them all. There is no such thing as a simple question about these cars. I am still working on those numbers that you sent me. John

I am glad that you find it as confusing as I did and some parts still do but I have somewhat of a handle on it and will post what I see now, I really hope to hear from others what they think, I am not only interested in DA but the other makes as well and am hoping that some of this will be enjoyed by everyone.

Hi John Vincent, thanks for your input, I have owned several DAs that have had both types of canisters, they have all been parts cars that have sat in a field somewhere for a very long time so I know that domestic DAs used both styles. The last car had the stewert tank on it ( which I still have ). Not that it helps much in this scenario but I would suggest getting the DA parts book, it is being reprinted and is cheap, talk about alot of info and it is much more accurate than the master parts book of later version, I do have those also and have found alot of usefull info but the DA one is the way to go if you want to be sure you have the correct info. BTW the DA parts book lists Vacuum tank assy ( export only )( Kingston ) ( from car no DA-99092 to DA-118940) and then Vacuum tank assy (export only ) (Stewert Warner ) (after car no. DA-118940 ....and it also lists a vacuum tank assy ( asuming it is reffering to domestic but no other description. All these vacuum tanks are date coded and I have looked into this on my parts cars and also on the car I am restoring and the date codes have always matched the time frame of the car so once again it just goes to show you that any information must always be taken with a grain of salt. Another quick example is the steering wheel in my car is not the standard wheel that most DAs have and the DA parts book only makes mention of one type but I have literally 20-30 pictures saved of other DAs from around the country that have the same wheel as what I have in my car so that tells me that it is a correct DA wheel.This reprint of DA parts book is published July 1 29 and my car was built Oct 9 29 which makes it a 30 car and evidently they changed the style of 30 wheels in at least some models after this version of book was published. Dont know if there are any later versions of parts books floating around but there may be. I am looking into what cars had what and if I find anything else more I will post it here, maybe someone reading this has that answer??

Hey Joe I think you might have first hand knowlege on the crash vehicle data plate, isnt that you sitting in the passengers seat taking your new dodge out for a test drive??

post-48869-143138044393_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138044395_thumb.jpg

FOR SALE: 1929 Dodge DA SEDAN All Original! Barn-Fresh Only 100 original miles. Excellent #1 Condition. Except for a minor hood-cowl-roof-bumper-door-fender-bender, all it needs is a light 'Freshening-Up'. With an excellent set of tools you could have this buffed out in an afternoon. Steering pulls a little to the right, but other than that, it's SMOOTH. Horn works killer and the rear bumper is flawless! Get it now or its going on eBay with some photoshopped pictures. Price $15,000 Firm. Call Joe (AKA test crash dummy).

post-54582-143138044553_thumb.jpg

My'29 Chrysler model 65 has the Kingston in it. Any one know if the Kingston was standard or the Stewart?

I am still trying to figure out the skinny on DA, dont have a clue about Chryler, Maybe I will eventually come up with something. Wish I could help

Yes so that is Victoria ( mine ) and roadster (Jacks), I am wondering if it is also on the Brougham, not many of those left. There are only two three Victoria left (known) all three start out with the 242 numbers. One is now just recently cut up and is now a rod but I was fortunate enough to have taken pictures before it was done. The other is in Orlando and has just recently changed hands, dont know exactely what is going on with that one. I need to find out what other roadsters are marked and get there #s, I am already in contact with a Brougham owner but his car is not on site. I am sending him camera to take photos. As mentioned .........If the numbers are the same as other CPDD vehicles ,the '242' will be the body style and the '2905' will be the sequential body number at the body factory before delivery to Dodge Main........and it is would be interesting to put a chart together as what must have been used when these cars were built.

That is the first plate I have heard on a Phaeton, idrjoe has also a Phaeton and does not have one. What is the motor # on your car? Does it have a motor in it or it may have sounded as if you have two motors on the floor.It appears from your picture here you have a Stewert tank, is that correct?? If you do not mind what is your head #? You mentioned in a prev. post that it was........... 2221591 stamped on the head..........that # does not correspond with any other #s in any way, can you verify this? Thanks for the info

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1930</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Joe I think you might have first hand knowlege on the crash vehicle data plate, isnt that you sitting in the passengers seat taking your new dodge out for a test drive??</div></div>

Jason, You are right...I am sitting in the passenger seat...and on closer inspection, I believe that was YOU in the DRIVER's seat!!!

it's true!! I have found the car with a marked motor 2221591, but after some suggestions had by forum, I have found the original numbers. I have two motors, apparently similar, but with different numbers.

one is: H 71 -827

the second: H 99 - 783 ( maybe the original)

the first is restored and supply with the car as spare

the second has both numbers ( the body numb. marked maybe for custom trouble)the original numb. was under coats and not readable.

there is a name stamped on the tank? if yes, please tell me where..i will verify the type. Now it is out of the car, if you want i will pict. for you

Hi 1930, i have checked my tank, but ther is no name stamped on.

please verify my pics. and tell me if the tank is correct.

Please, verfy also my front light case . Are They original? they are chromed with a logo with name and state ( Detroit- Michigan) marked. without dubt they are not rechromed, script and logo are still in evidence.

post-58984-143138046526_thumb.jpg

post-58984-143138046534_thumb.jpg

post-58984-143138046539_thumb.jpg

post-58984-143138046544_thumb.jpg

post-58984-143138046549_thumb.jpg

I misunderstood you, either way I was reffering to the vacuum tank that draws the fuel from your fuel tank. The vacuum tank is mounted on your firewall passenger side and yes that looks like it is defintitely the correct fuel tank and those are DA headlights and would assume they are correct for your car but without looking up your serail # ( which I have not done at this point ) I cannot say for sure. DA used two styles depending on serial # and they were the depress beam as you have and then went to a two-lite ( which are just a different manufacturer but looks similar ) and then back to depress beam to finish of the series. My Da has the Two lite shells and lenses which are by far less seen on DAs. Nice fuel tank, looks like you are doing a nice job from what I have seen in your work.

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS. I HAD SOME DOUBT ON THE FUEL TANK. I HAVE ALSO THOUGHT ABOUT THE VACUUM TANK, ALSO BECAUSE' I HAD READ ON THE FORUM SOME POST THAT THEY SPOKE OF HIM. TOMORROW I WILL GO AND I MAKE SOME PHOTOS.

FOR THE HLIGHTS...I'M HAPPY.

I POST SOME PICS OF THE CAR AT YESTERDAY.

YOU CAN SEE THE ROUND PLATE FOUND TO THE PLACE OF THE SQUARE ORIGINAL ( SAME PLACE)WITH REFERENCES TO THE ARGENTINIAN !! DO YOU KNOWS?

post-58984-143138046953_thumb.jpg

post-58984-143138046957_thumb.jpg

post-58984-143138046961_thumb.jpg

post-58984-143138046963_thumb.jpg

That is amazingly solid car and you are doing a very quick thorough job, strange to see all the little differences between your car and american built car. I will post here some pictures of my car, it is sorta unique in that there is a large compartment behind the drivers seat advertised as a place for a ladys handbag or hat and the trunk/platform is also unique only to the late DA Victoria Bougham series, before these platforms there was a tubular rack and it was a dealer installed item, it was unfortunately restored in the late 70s so it will never be original again but I have spent the past few years trying to find all the correct parts and I am sure it is very very close to the way it once was. If anyone would like to point out anything though I would love to discuss it. You are definitely moving along on your car while mine just sits and collects parts but everyone has different way of doing things and it sure is nice to see someone else moving along on their car. I am jealous

post-48869-143138046979_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138046981_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138046983_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138046985_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138046987_thumb.jpg

Stefano, Your phaeton was originally sold in Buenos Aires, Argentina. That little brass plate is the name of the Importer and Dodge Brothers Dealer in Argentina. I have the same plate. See photos. You car was originally a Right hand drive and has been converted. Note the angled bracket attached to your frame just to the right of the transmission. This is where the brake and clutch pedals mount for a RHD. Factory Left hand drive vehicles don't have that bracket. The hole in the rear of your car body is for the top bow rests. Photos attached. I don't have these but if we can find a willing owner who would allow us to pull a mold off theirs, we can have them cast in stainless steel. Also see the attachments regarding Fevre and Basset, the dealer. Hopefully you can read Spanish, if not, let me know and I can help you with translating it. Their story is very interesting. Keep up the good work, you'll have us all beat to the finish line!

post-54582-143138047187_thumb.jpg

post-54582-143138047192_thumb.jpg

post-54582-143138047196_thumb.jpg

post-54582-143138047201_thumb.jpg

Yes I know, i have both documents, Argentina and USA ( Georgia state). Your paper article is not easy to read, not for the language, but for the quality. Spanish is not a problem !! it's very similar to italian language.

I have pictured my vacuum tank and i will post.

Many thanks for your photos. Not bad the colour of the pheaton

two tone beige /brown ?

another question !!!!

I have seen the windshield frame black, it's correct?

post-58984-143138047214_thumb.jpg

post-58984-143138047218_thumb.jpg