Restoration underway on a 1936 Divco S model

Had to run, but yes Barry if you have any literature on the adjusting of the brakes I would be interested. I do not know what make they are for sure. I do know parts were not around. We made all new adjusters and had to save some shoe cores which were almost shot.

I have the rubber coupling for between the generator and the water pump. Lots of small stuff came back off after we had the motor up and running. It needs final prep and paint. I did not want to paint it until the frame was ready for the install.

I'm familiar with an oil sump system in the fan assembly. Is that what you are calling the oil pump? Kind of different.

Yes, Keiser the engine stands have worked well. The frame has been spun around many times already. Now that the front axle is on it is time to go back to the jack stands. It would not be good timing to drop it now.

Barry the frame has a real drop in the center. That is what gave Divco a curb height that no one else had.

Working on the brakes. Seems old smart guy here needs some new return springs he has forgotten to locate.

Anyone with a helpful thought would be appreciated. The brakes are Wagner Lockheed, 14 inch drum. They also fit Mack 39-50,

GMC 40-49, White 46-57.

Believe the Wagner part number on the rear spring is FC 3103.

Anyone that would lend a hand on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

post-60266-14313848531_thumb.jpg

post-60266-143138485324_thumb.jpg

post-60266-143138485339_thumb.jpg

post-60266-143138485353_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is how to spend a Father's Day.

Installed the two NOS tie rod ends along with a newly fabricated center drag link.

Also installed the steering arm to the spindle end at the left front wheel.

Did a dry fit on the rebuilt Gemmer steering box, steering tube, and wheel.

The assembly will be installed for a final time only after the cab is back on the chassis.

post-60266-14313857319_thumb.jpg

post-60266-143138573221_thumb.jpg

post-60266-143138573251_thumb.jpg

Not trying to high jack your thread but I was at a Charity Car Show in Utica, Michigan Sunday (the old Packard Proving Grounds) and thought of you and your project.

Saw this Divco Milk Truck and while not as old as yours was still a great reminder of a time gone by. It was amazing to listen to the few kids there ask, what was that white stuff in those glass bottles?

Heck, I'm just old enough to remember the horse drawn milk wagons from the late 50's here in Canada let alone when milk was delivered to your home in glass bottles.

This was a great restoration. Thanks for your efforts keeping history alive!

post-36036-143138580389_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest LouHarris

Just found this site and link. Absolutely great stuff and amazing helpful photos on frame and brakes. My neighbor just purchased a 1955 Divco model 15 and I am helping her with a partial restoration as the truck needs. I noticed the split rear differential/axle photos posted and ours looks identical. I am finding a lot of info hard to come by. Can you tell me how the differential gearing is setup. We are uncharted waters here on a few things.

Thanks

Lou

Dallas, Tx

• 2 weeks later...
Not trying to high jack your thread but I was at a Charity Car Show in Utica, Michigan Sunday (the old Packard Proving Grounds) and thought of you and your project.

Saw this Divco Milk Truck and while not as old as yours was still a great reminder of a time gone by. It was amazing to listen to the few kids there ask, what was that white stuff in those glass bottles?

Heck, I'm just old enough to remember the horse drawn milk wagons from the late 50's here in Canada let alone when milk was delivered to your home in glass bottles.

This was a great restoration. Thanks for your efforts keeping history alive!

Thank you, we also feel this Divco is very much worth the effort.

Just found this site and link. Absolutely great stuff and amazing helpful photos on frame and brakes. My neighbor just purchased a 1955 Divco model 15 and I am helping her with a partial restoration as the truck needs. I noticed the split rear differential/axle photos posted and ours looks identical. I am finding a lot of info hard to come by. Can you tell me how the differential gearing is setup. We are uncharted waters here on a few things.

Thanks

Lou

Dallas, Tx

Lou, my suggestion for any Divco related information is to Contact John Rienzo, Divco Club historian. He is an endless well of knowledge on these Divcos. You can find his contact information by going to the Divco Club web page. Be patient as he does have many ventures going on but he will contact you with a request for information. You also see Divco manuals for sale on ebay fairly often. A service manual goes along way. Good luck.

Loving the quality restoration ... any updates?

Several requests for updates... Family health issues have slowed the project a bit. Promise this fall and winter we will get back on this Divco gem. Was actually in the shop today plotting the next item to address. The rear differential assembly is due. Thanks to those who have been watching.

Guest LouHarris
Lou, my suggestion for any Divco related information is to Contact John Rienzo, Divco Club historian. He is an endless well of knowledge on these Divcos. You can find his contact information by going to the Divco Club web page. Be patient as he does have many ventures going on but he will contact you with a request for information. You also see Divco manuals for sale on ebay fairly often. A service manual goes along way. Good luck.

Thank You,

Will do.

• 2 weeks later...