Sign in to follow this  
Robert_Henry

Need Help with 65 Riviera GS Dual Quads Throttle Linkage

Can someone please help me with my 65 GS? I could use a few photos of the factory original throttle linkage to the front carb. I'm having trouble adjusting the front carb to open in timing with the rear, causing the car to bod down with WOT. My linkage has a spring on the front end with 2 nuts that adjust it against the T on the throttle arm of the front carb, but the books show a solid throttle linkage with no spring on the front.

Your help is always greatly appreciated,

Bob

A question where you are wanting an answer and pictures may on a Dual Quad Riviera take more the 1 or 2 days to answer. Give people time as most of us have lifes besides cars.

Bill,

Thanks, your right. I was hoping to find someone who knew about these carbs and to give me an quick answer, as I have the car torn apart. I will be patient and wait. I just hope it's soon.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Not really clear about your question. Perhaps a phone call instead a forum solicitation would help provide a swift and thorough answer. Feel free to call me during the evening, my phone number is listed in the Riview under "tech advisors". I`m sure I can answer any questions you have about your car,

Tom Mooney

Great...with the exception the factory spring you mentioned is missing from the front throttle shaft both in the factory illustration and the above photo. grin.gif

Tom Mooney