RE_POST 1930 Dodge DD6 Biz Cpe RARE 4 Sale- I appologize 4post

DodgeDD670

I FIRST NEED TO APALOGIZE FOR MY PRIOR POST TO ALL WHO READ IT! I SHOULDNT POST WHILE GRUMPY! LESSON LEARNED! I am considering the sale of this car! This is an all original numbers matching business coupe! This is a GREAT and RARE find! The car is nearly complete ALL Steel Car! one of 3870 built, it has everything accept the: Rad Cap, Rear Bumperettes, Windsheild Crank assembly, Rear Veiw mirrors, Heater vent portion of the heater,some knob on the dash, the trunk locking/latch peice and a few other peices that I may not know of.

This car has very little rust probably three silver dollar size spots to cut and some surface rust! all the wood is in great shape accept the pillar peices, I dont think the door panel are original or the seat upholstery, If you want to see a absolutely gorgeuous example of what this car can look like then you should speak with Roger Williams. Roger only knows of four others, And I only have found his and one other in a museum! This car will need a full restoration! I believe originally came painted RED which is more rare because most are blue! The windshield rolls up and down not outward. It has a trunk not a rumble seat. It has lovejoy shocks. Hydrolic brakes, wooden spoke wheels,it does not run but motor does turn over easily by hand. I have the waterpump apart for rebuilding purposes etc.. It will need wiring it appears someone started to convert it to a 12v system

I have a dream to build a street rod 50's style but I do have a great appreciation for originals. That is why I am posting this! I would sell it so I can by another car that has been past the original point of return. and have enough money to build it! If you are extremely serious about owning a dd6 and are willing to pay a much appreciated ! premium then here it is! If you want pics then make a serious offer based on what I have told you! Then tell me what particular pics you want then I will get them and send them to you! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!!! If no one wants it now then I will build another frame and drivetrain to preserve this one. I will not cut the body so at least if someone wants it later then I can put the body back on and sell it! Here is a Link were you can see one in a museum! I know Rogers car pics are posted here somewhere during his Resto days!

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z11530/Dodge-DD-Six.aspx

e-mail me if your extremely serious I appreciate that!

jwreinhardt@hotmail.com

Roger is a good buddy of mine and he really has a gorgeous car. You should show a photo of what you have so that we can get some idea of what you have. We can picture it in our heads, but sometimes a description just doesn't do it. And no, I am not trying to waste your time. John

DD30, I’ve read your posting several times and keep coming back to confirm what it is that I had read. I’m sorry for the “Greed” that you have experienced, but more troubled by the overall tone that you had closed your posting with. There are a lot of ways to talk with people and close a successful sale of an item without setting a negative confrontational tone. This type of tone will close more doors than open them, and those people that may even be interested in and have the money could easily be turned away. In the end, I am one of these people and although I opened the post because I was interested, in the end I am not. Good luck…

Your correct Scott and John I do appalogize to everyone who has read this post! Lesson learned dont post when grumpy!! As soon as I mention hot rod I feel shunned by the group!Like many americans i have had years of a career flushed! Simply so one man could have it all! I use to work for Ford dealership! Another reason I did not ever want to build a ford I guess! I dont think Roger is talking to me for the hot rod reason so I dont have permission to yse his photo either! Here is link to one in a museum this is nice but not as nice as Rogers!!!

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z11530/Dodge-DD-Six.aspx

Don't feel shunned. Feel good that you offered the car before hot rodding it. We do appreciate that. One good thing about hot rodders is that the rest of us get to reap the parts that will not be used on the hot rod project so as to finish our own restorations. And please don't get on my case because of this post. If EVERYONE restored their cars as original, some of us would never find the parts we need. I guess I am a full on Libra.....I try to balance out even the most offset situation.

One good thing about hot rodders is that the rest of us get to reap the parts that will not be used on the hot rod project so as to finish our own restorations. If EVERYONE restored their cars as original, some of us would never find the parts we need.........I was looking for a new screen saver!!

• 3 weeks later...

A great car that should be kept original. I have a 1930 DodgeDD6 convertable with a rumble seat only 620 made. Mine has spoke wheels as an option. Anyone else out there with a car like mine. Looking for hubcaps for the spoke wheels 7" diameter with DB in the centre with a broken ribbon pattern around the DB. Also the switch located at the bottom of the steering collum

Not sure how to post a picture yet but will figure it out. I am a new member.

No it is located in Nelson, British Columbia, Canada It was purchased new in Nelson in June of 1930. I am the 3rd owner. It has never been restored only painted in the 60's. I drive it to shows in the summer. Need a few things but it is mostly complete. Other than hubcaps that are better than mine,light switch (which I may be able to restore),bumperettes, and two spare tire wheel locks, ignition coil, otherwise it is complete..

Look's like you live near Hershey, I was there this fall at the swap meet

• 2 weeks later...