Tires

gmdbhornet

I've bought the DB radial redlines a couple years ago and were 100% happy from talking to the guy on the phone to the quality, appearance, and ride and handling of the tires. When you call, you actually get to talk to someone who is friendly and very knowledgeable. I needed a 5th redline for my spare right before a trip to a national and they pulled some strings to ship the tire out within a couple days. Usually there is a 2-3 week lead time because they make them to order.

Coker of course is the other option. The only way I would buy from Coker is if no one else had a tire that was close to what I wanted and even then, I might not. A few years ago I tried to use their quoted lifetime warranty due to an obvious manufacturing defect in a bias redline. The representative I spoke with would not honor the warranty and when I asked to speak with his superior, they would not give me the opportunity. I expected much more from the so called leader in repro tires. They get an F- for customer service.

Hey Gerry,

I bought a set of correct looking triple whitewalls for my '65 Riv, GS from DB and am completely satisfied. They were kind of expensive, but the arrived on time, in good shape and look great. I only had to tell them what I was putting them on and they did the rest. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Jeff

Hey Gerry;

I have to confess i'm not sufficiently computer literate to send a picture. These are radials, so they are not exactly like the tires originally installed on the car. However, if you want to know what they look like, just find some of the sales literature for '65 through'69 Riviera GS, and you will see the whitewall style. Diamond Back offered two brands, one from the US, and one Korean brand. I chose the more expensive US brand. I think it was a Hoosier tire. The size DB recommended was 225/75-R15, so I went along. The tire has no markings or load ratings of any kind on the outside of the tire, only the exact match of the whitewall originally installed on the car. They look fantastic, and drive like good quality radials. Jeff

Hey Patrick;

I don't remember the exact number, but it was around $900.00 for the four tires and shipping to my home in northern California. I think that is about $300.00 more than ordinary tires, but once you see them, I think you would agree it is money well spent. It is not as if these cars are necessities, they are about the looks. These tires were chosen by the designers because they really pop. You may be able to tell that I am really pleased. Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff_Avery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Patrick;

I don't remember the exact number, but it was around $900.00 for the four tires and shipping to my home in northern California. I think that is about $300.00 more than ordinary tires, but once you see them, I think you would agree it is money well spent. It is not as if these cars are necessities, they are about the looks. These tires were chosen by the designers because they really pop. You may be able to tell that I am really pleased. Jeff </div></div>

$900 seems reasonble to me. I've 5 of the original 8.45 x 15 tires which I don't want to use for anything other than showing the car, but I still want the original look combined with a modern tire.

To get a 3 stripe tire from DB you will need to take the whitewall dimensions of an original 3 stripe tire. Measure from the rim out to the first stripe, the width of that stripe, then to the next stripe, the width of that one and so on. They will custom make stripes to whatever you want. Keep in mind this will be a radial tire. They add about $10 or so to their standard tire price so it'd be around $190 I'd guess which really isn't bad for custom work.

These people are really good to work with. When you are ready just give them a call and they will guide you through the process.