how many holiday 88 's were made in 81

Guest Holiday88

Guest Holiday88

Does anyone out there know if you can tell from the VIN# if you have a holiday 88 or just a delta 88? Is there any site you can go to, to find out how many were made and does the VIN# tell you what number your car is for that year?

<span style="font-style: italic">Standard Catalog of Oldsmobile</span> says 1,637 1981 Delta Holiday Coupes were built, all on base Delta platform- no Royales. Option cost $271. It included bucket seats and console, and I think FE3 suspension.

<span style="font-style: italic">SCO</span> indicates only 3,330 L37 base Delta coupes were built, so better than half the production were Holidays.

The only clue would be L37 in the VIN on a car with buckets/console. You might find Y78 embossed on the Fisher Body data plate underhood, since the bucket seat and console mounting brackets would have been a Fisher installation.

Doubt you'll find a breakout on which car it was in production sequence, but the Fisher plate will tell you week of the month the body was produced.

Guest Holiday88

Thank you very much for that info!..Yes you are correct L37 is in the vin# In my looking on the net I did find out that yes there were only 3300 made in 1981.That #of 1637 holiday 88s is of the things I was looking for , thanks again. I guess next I will try to find out if she is a matching # car .

Guest Holiday88

I thought the same as you Rusty until I found and bought this car . Thats why I wanted more info on it. Thanks for your reply.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Holiday88

Hello Oldsmobile fans,I am back with more info.Today i received my Info package from GM Vintage services .This package gave me so much info on my 81 holiday 88 ,including Trim code and colour,Paint code and colour,Production plant Production date,Day shipped from the plant,Model#,Engine type,Dealer Originally shipped to and a list of all options codes and description of the codes.But the best news was that 1637 holiday 88 where Built,533 went to Canada,and 282 had the FE2 suspension option,And only 28 in the Colour option of 22/16m This package also has copy of the MVMA Specs form and a copy of the 1981 Delta88Holiday sales brochure.Package contain 38 pages of info,Well worth it to me !

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Holiday88

Hello, Olds Holiday 88 fans just finished painting the 81 Holiday 88, putting her back together, here are some pictures........