please, help me identify thse cars.. Cartoum Weaving 01/07/09

Vintman

Guest weaving

Hi I`m sorry about my "megapost" it will never happen again. from my "megapost" there is a car I hope you can help me ID. I think It`s a German car?

regards Cartom

post-59882-143138040355_thumb.jpg

My guess is the wire wheel car could be another small Italian car of the era such as Aquila. The big FIAT badge should stand out on the radiator, and it doesn't. And the top tank of the radiator is wrong depth if you compare the two. The muguards are wrong, and the running board brackets of the Tipo Zero are very specific, and totally different from this. The special thing about the Zero at the time was that they were built as an affordable small car complete from the factory. All the photos I have seen even the upholstery looks the same; but in these two it is different. The probably took a glanc at what Ford was doing, but struck a different target. These little cars had good performance for their time, and were economical to run. Bodies may not have been built , but only fitted in the factory. Mine which spent decades "in the big shed" near Hungerford in far south-west Queensland, still has a G Farina body builder's plate. Ivan Saxton

OK Casper, thanks. The website explains it all. Seems the answer was known! I was concerned about the dark shadow on the radiator suggesting a circular badge, and was worried about the light colour of the FIAT badge as commented by Ivan. But it did not look French, much more German/Italian? It was only now when I looked into my books that I discovered that Mathis was made in Germany 1910 – 1914, being located in Alsace. After the war it reverted to France and looked more French!! Thanks for yet another useful lesson.

Come on Casper, give us the answer to the lower photo if you happent to know it. Lief and I have already had a couple of goes at it. Not a Thulin. Could be an AGA but badges are a bit close together.

We havent nailed the 'kings car' either.

Regards

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

Guest Casper Friedrich

I think it's an AGA, built before autumn 1923. Then this german marque got a flatter radiator. It's probably the Type C introduced 1921 with the larger 20 horsepower engine. The AGA logo can be found at http://www.cartype.com/pics/179/small/aga_logo_1.gif

Besides, AGA and Thulin were related to each other: http://www.aga.com/web/web2000/com/wppcom.nsf/pages/History_AGACar

My guess is a 1914-1924 Puch from Austria. A lot of it looks similar and in the rendering, I can see a similar emblem on the radiator shell. The lights are very similar in configuration.

post-37352-14313804057_thumb.jpg

weawing, Take a day and a trip to Göteborgs Landsarkiv for P and O car registrations for Västra Götaland län.When you have al these registations number it`s quite easy to find out what kind of car it is on all your photos.And you can check all the answers you got.I have spent tree days in Uppsala Landsarkiv to find a reg.for one of my Buicks but i didn`t have a reg.number ,it`s more diffikult then.

Here are another photo of 1919 Puch A.

post-31268-143138040653_thumb.jpg