1965 Starfire convertible, needs to be restored, most all Starfire stuff is there, but dismantled. Minimal rust,body is very solid,bumpers are solid. I was told engine is rebuilt with less than 100 miles on it, it looks like too. I'm asking $2750.00 OBO. slipskally@aol.com or 248-778-7129 Would consider partical trade. I was told there was only 2202 of these built.

I have always liked the 65's, I had 2 63's. How's the top, does it go up and down? What kind of wheel covers? when's the last time it ran? How's the frame, they have a history of rust, how's the floors? You said the bumpers are good, do the front or back need rechroming? Do you have the title? Is it yard drivable or movable? How's transmission, brakes, tires. What has minimal rust. What color in/out, Thanks for your time

I just got car home, I will check out these things and get back to you. All I know for sure is, car was inside for last couple years and top is bad. Bumpers are driver quality,need plating for show,no brakes, exterior white,interior blue

Well, I got time at last to check out Starfire. Bumpers ARE rusted out,can be repaired but better replaced. Floor board has some rust,but repairable,same in trunk. Exhaust is new and quiet, frame is SOLID,is NOT rusted out. Engine is STRONG ang Quiet, no lifter noise,no cold knocks, engine compartment is detailed and ready to go,might change plugs and wires. Master cylinder was DRY,line rusted some place. Transmission hooked right up,NO delay, forward and reverse. All top stuff is there, but top itself is done.There is no power to top and windows, all glass is there and good,including windshield,black glass is there for convibile top. There is NO carpet in car,seats are out,I have to pick them up yet. The only thing I see missing is one rocker molding,tail lights, and piece between tail lights on trunk. there is some rust on front fenders. Tires are very good Dunlops, hub caps are just full size disks

Starman63, picked up seats today, are really nice. Rear is really nice, as most rear's are. passenger bucket is really nice, shows no visable wear, drivers bucket has a few splits and cracks but is very usable as is. Should get title next some time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

here is the print just in case the ad expires sometimes craigslist only keeps them up for 7 days

'65 Oldsmobile Starfire Convertible - $2750 (Clarkston)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-t9rzr-1106152633@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Date: 2009-04-03, 9:26PM EDT

1965 Olds. Starfire convertible for sale. Basically all there, but needs some repair. Many new parts, engine and transmission have been professionally done. Runs and drives, no brakes. Asking $2750 OBO Pics upon request. Please email slipskally@aol or call 248-778-7129

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests