21 db rear window

Guest tmarvin

Guest tmarvin

bob I'am still trying to find out what the right frame for my car is. I have seen cars with no frame at all. where the glass is sewn in the top. Not sure what is right thanks for the help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tmarvin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bob I'am still trying to find out what the right frame for my car is. I have seen cars with no frame at all. where the glass is sewn in the top. Not sure what is right thanks for the help</div></div>

I had two friends in San Diego who had early supposedly ALL ORIGINAL Dodge touring cars. One was a 1921 and the other was a 1922. They both had metal frames and beveled glass windows. The frames were two pieces and were painted black. I know that these cars had the original paint, but I am not certain if the tops were all original. One was original looking with stains and the patina of the aged material on the underside. The other was newer looking, but I think just on a lower mileage car.

Guest DBtouring

Tim, if I did it right, attached are the pictures of the rear window frame on my 21. It is 2 pc. with the glass and top material sandwiched between the inside and outside frame. The screw heads are on the inside of the car. Hope this helps some.

Can't promise that it is original, but it's all I have to go by.

post-40906-143138041142_thumb.jpg

post-40906-14313804116_thumb.jpg

post-40906-143138041177_thumb.jpg

post-40906-143138041194_thumb.jpg

Guest tmarvin

Its just hard to find out what is right. I bet that DB's didn't even make it and it is used on other things Thanks for the pictures

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DBtouring

Tim,

Looking in the Master Parts List tonight, I found that it list the 6 rear cathedral windows up to touring car no. 588137, then it list 1 glass back curtain window up to car no. 680802 and then it says New glass back curtain window after 680802. That could explain why you are seeing some with a frame like mine and some without. I also welcome anyone else's expertise on this.

Guest DBAcadia

If anyone has a loose frame and is willing, Vern would like to make a mold

in order to cast some repros