Tucker Convertible

Richard Lichtfel

Here's a crazy scenario for you. GM buys the Tucker name for a million; starts a small production run of faithfully-recreated Tuckers plus a few of these "what-if" convertibles, then pretty soon they're selling more of the things than Preston Tucker ever dreamed. Win-win. Of course, that kind of blows that whole thing about Tucker-versus-the-Big-Three.

It is a good point about the one piece of body that is missing is the unique conv piece that goes between the doors and rear quarters. With something like this you really need far reaching history or be default people will question what you are up to. Does he mention how long the guy that he bought it from owned it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeff_a</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking more along the lines of them using the correct engine. No need to downgrade to modern engines!</div></div>

If they were going to start a production run, they would need more than the one engine. Are you thinking that they would reproduce the Tucker powerplant?

Tucker Fan 48, Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. Thanks for the link. That was interesting reading. I think I will have to go back and re-read it again to follow it all. That was way too much information to digest in a single reading. Thanks again!