Model A Instruction Book and Parts List

Astro

I was cleaning out the garage and found an original 1929 Model A Instruction Book (copyright 1929) and a Model A and AA Parts Price List Book (effective Feb 1 1931). I was going to toss them, but thought someone might know if they have any value and whether anyone is interested in them.

Welcome to the AACA Discussion forum. If it is original, it certainly is of value. Even an older reproduction has some value. I, along with others, probably would be interested. If you are looking for top dollar, you would probably make more money by listing them on Ebay. If you are just wanting to see them go to someone who really wants them and will cherish them, you have come to the right place. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Matthew, My greatest interest is in seeing them go to someone who will cherish them. Secondarily I am not interested in top dollar but dont want to give them away for a song. I am starting to smile when I think about the next time I log on and find someone bragging about how they acquired them for a 5 cents on the dollar. I can send you a couple pictures to start, but I'm not sure that can be done through this forum ?

Guest Ozark Bill

Hi. I'm new to this forum but I have recently begun a complete restoration on a 28 Leatherback Ford fordor. The car is rare as it was built 1-6-28 (Ford began building fordors in may or June 1928)and is a barn fresh original in fair condition. I'm having trouble finding any info specific to it. There is some on the other fordors but notmuch on the 60A model. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Bill, I too am new to this forum and can't provide any usefull info.

Hi Mustangjan, I can send you some pictures if you are interested. They were obviously used back in the day but were / are still in the original case. Great diagrams with impressive clarity. As I said above, I have no idea what they are worth but would rather they went to someone who will cherish them.

Hi Matt, Haven't heard anything back from you. Not sure where we got disconnected. Seems like you are genuinely interested in preserving / promoting this forum, so, I would be willing to send them to you and you could let me know if you or anyone is interested ?

Although I know how to sell on eBay, I would feel better knowing they went to the right home.

Astro, you should have a little flashing "flag" showing that you have received a private message. Click on "My stuff" and then go to your private messages and you will be able to see my message to you.

Ozark Bill,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. If you don't have it, I would suggest that you buy The Ford Model A, As Henry Built it subtitled, A Color, Upholstery, and Production Facts book.

It has some information about the 60A body style. It is one of my favorite Model A books anyway. I recommend every Model A owner adding that book to their library. You should be able to find it from any of the Model A parts suppliers.