I need your input

Ronnie

As some of you know I have the "Reatta Owners Journal" website. Just like any other website owner, I need to know if you are using it and if there is anything I can do to make it better for you when you visit the website. Your opinion is very important to me.

I have placed a poll on my website where you can vote to tell me if you use the website and how much. Here is a link to the poll. I would really appreciate it if you would take the poll. I really need your opinion.

Also, I'm considering expanding my website to have a Reatta Community Center that would include a "Reatta forum" and maybe a photo gallery where forum members could post photos of their Reattas. It would also have a event calendar where Reatta related events could be posted.

Does anyone feel there is room on the Internet for anther Reatta forum? I am not wanting to split this forum. All I'm doing is looking for a way to provide the best website experience I can for Reatta enthusiast.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Please tell me what you really think. My feelings won't be hurt.</span>

Guest daveagain909

I also tried to take the poll today and can not get it to work or I am just dumb and need further instruction. I do use the site from time to time depending on when a problem arises. (hopefully not all the time) as for the idea about a photo gallery I think that is great and when implementing you should put info on car such as ,miles, vin# condition rating( excellant, good, poor or whatever you want Make it (multiple choice) location and name of owner and phone number,Email adress) all not required but there if you want to put it there,

dave

let me know why the poll is not working?

Guest jamhudson

I have a short cut to it on my desktop. Lots of very valuable information. Much easer to search your site for help than to use the search in the Reatta forum which is very good also and we need them both. Keep up the good work!!

Guest jamhudson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry about the link not working. I have corrected it now if you wish to take the poll.

Thanks </div></div>

I cannot get the poll to let me do anything??

Guest daveagain909

still does noot work except for the question on how often youuse this site. what next i really want to take this poll?????

Guest Bobby Valines

Ronnie your website is great.I was wanting to suggest that we put a thread on here to ask people to put pictures of all there cars with there names on your website. The only problem I have had with reatta.net is trying to gain accesses to the factory manual. Probably should have tried harder. Please keep up the good work. Thank You

Ronnie,

Although I don't own a Reatta, I do own 2 1992 Riv's. I came sooo close twice in purchasing one but the deals fell through both times. Because these cars have alot in common, I use your website for info at least once a month. I cast a vote on your poll (hope you don't mind).

Guest CL_Reatta

I do find your website to be very usefull when I need some info (I am so used to just going to reatta.net that I sometimes just end up going there without realizing it) I do very much like your idea about the forum, the only problem is that... like asked "is there enough room on the internet for another reatta forum" IMO there is not, this forum has worked great, and adding another one might cause this one to die off slowly... with that all of the threads that have been posted here over the many years would go away... that is a lot of knowledge gone forever..... If reatta's were more popular then it would be a good idea, but when we have a little family type thing going on here... I dont think it would be a good idea to divorce the forum so to speak

Guest MauiWowee

Ronnie, I really like your proposal to put a Reatta gallery on your great website. The site has advanced to the point of being the best source of Reatta repair info following only the collective knowledge of the minds here. I think the AACA gallery is basic, but judging from the work you have already done it should be a great place for stunning photos of our cars.

BTW, I did the poll. It worked flawlessly. cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL_Reatta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but when we have a little family type thing going on here... I dont think it would be a good idea to divorce the forum so to speak </div></div>

Well put Brian. cool.gif

Guest Bobby Valines

Oops I was thinking the name of Ronnie's web. site is reatta.net,did it change names or am I just losing it? Anyway where ever the people want to discuss reattas is ok with me, Its the people that make it the greatest not the name of the forum. I know people don't like change, but I have been here almost a year and I have learned to trust Ronnie. If he thinks we would be better off on Reatta Owners Journal I trust his decision.

First, let me agree with what seems to be a nearly unanimous opinion: Ronnie's site is extremely useful as a gathering place for technical information, made indispensable by aaca's nearly the useless search function.

Second, there seems to be an underlying current to this thread asking whether there is room in cyberworld for another, or more accurately, a dedicated Reatta forum. This is a far more complicated question. When I log on and compare the number of people viewing and contributing to the many forums sponsored by aaca, this one leads the pack by a wide margin. From this I conclude that far more useful technical information is added to the archival posts on our sub-forum than other. Perhaps aaca's useless search function serves other forums well. I don't know. I do know that in the few years I have been here, many many people have contributed incredible insights that are virtually lost to history because they cannot be retrieved. Ronnie's site begins to fill that gap, but can never resolve the problem.

We are blessed with moderators who combine tact, intelligence, and a good grip on what is possible. Perhaps, we could have them point out that this sub-forum is increasingly dissatisfied with the search function available to us. Having been condemned by it to lose not only gobs of genius, but one of the major benefits of internet forums, many members have begun exploring starting a completely separate website that would be without this crushing disability. However, if aaca were to invest what is probably a samll amount of technical time in "repairing" this function, it is possible much of the impetus for such a movement would abate.

Richard,

I appreciate your comments about my website. I hope everyone finds it useful as a source of information. The original idea for the website was to make it an archive for saving some of the best information about Reattas that I could find. That has been working out pretty well.

However, as time goes on, I admit that would like the website to be more interactive with visitors in order to provide real time information as only a message board or chat room can do.

I can understand those who say there is not a need for another forum and I realize that this is "The Reatta Forum" at this time. I'm simply looking to the future in case there becomes a need for another Reatta Forum. Websites are my hobby and I enjoy adding things whether they are needed or not.

One thing I have noticed is when something like this thread is thrown out for discussion, most of the long time members here, most of which are members of the BCA and Reatta Div. are noticeably silent. There are quite a few websites on the Internet dedicated to the Reatta automobile. Reatta.net, Reatta.org, Padgett's website and others with which some of the older members are affiliated. None of those websites seem to acknowledge that the other exists. My website not only acknowledges them but actually "wraps around" some of their pages in order to make information found there more easily accessible and easy to find. I appreciate them allowing me to do that.

I want the older members here, the club members here, the website owners and everyone else to know that I do not want to be <span style="text-decoration: underline">"The Reatta Man"</span> or <span style="text-decoration: underline">"The Reatta Website"</span>. I simply want to provide a website that brings together Reatta <span style="font-style: italic">websites</span>, <span style="font-style: italic">information</span>, and <span style="font-style: italic">enthusiast</span> in order to make our hobby, "The Buick Reatta", a more enjoyable experience.

I feel the Reatta Division is in the best position to be the website that I envision but it appears they are happy with the status quo. Therefore, I will continue to try to make my website better.

One of the questions I have is what if the AACA search function does not get better and many people from the "Forum" switch to Ronnie's site, and then somewhere down the road Ronnie decides he's not into Reattas anymore and the site closes, what happens to all that info?

Guest CL_Reatta

To be honest with you.... I liked the software that was used for this forum before the current software...it was simple, and loaded fast...and I could access the forum with any of my computers... with the current format, I cannot access this forum with my Powerbook G3, and even my Clamshell G3 has some issues getting here... maybe offering a PDA version of the forum would be helpfull

I've been using the same forum software since 2000, with updates as needed over time. The new software being evaluated now will be familiar to Many of you as it is used by many othe forums. Search is better, photo support is better -- just to name a few benefits.

Guest CL_Reatta

On my Powerbook, I am running like netscape 6, and on the clamshell, not sure which version of safari im running.... I know on the powerbook it is because my browser is so old that the forum just doesn't load properly (on the update version that was being run like 2 years ago everything was A-okay) and on the clamshell, it doesn't quite work as well just because its running quite slow.... There are some forums that have a "simplified version" for less data usage on phones... does this one have it?

Sorry for hijacking the post..... all done now