Robe Motor Corporation, Nansemond, Va 1924

I have a 18 page prospectus for the Robe Motor Corporation, Nansemond, Va dated 1924. Any info on the company and it's Robe Light Six? It has a most unusual motor design claiming 30-40 mpg plus it has two pistons on a single connecting rod. The upholstery is "Textileather, art leather finish, gray". I can scan copies if interested.

Thanks for any info, Dan

Where are you located Dan? I've got an interest in the Robe as it was apparently the only car ever made in or near Norfolk, Va. I've got some photos of a prototype vehicle someplace, and a condensed history of the company, but can't get to them at present because of an extensive remodeling project here at home. Would enjoy seeing a copy of your prospectus. As soon as I'm able I'll post a photo and some additional info. I believe it was a company that sold more shares of stock than actual cars. Not even sure they built many complete vehicles before going out of business. I'm pretty sure there are no surviving examples of a Robe.

Anyone else got any info?

Terry

Guest Gary Hearn

I live in Richmond and have not heard of the Robe before. There were a series of articles on Virginia car manufacturers in the July/August 1964 AACA magazine, but I do not recall anything on the Robe.