Did anyone see??

Steve Moskowitz

It really is sad that anyone would do such a thing no matter what.

I was raised hearing these two sayings a lot:

Trust in the Lord, but lock your doors.

Never put temptation in front of someone. Even a strong person can have a weak moment.

I hope the person has a change of heart and returns what they took.

A sign ended up missing from a vendor's space in the green field on Thursday or Friday (Think it was Friday, memory is failing me at the moment).

I agree it is sick that any car buff would steal stuff. Pretty bad if we need to start setting up surveillance cameras on our flea market spaces.

Sad to say we did see a trailer pulling out amongst the flea market stuff and took the corner too sharply, knocked over and broke several old signs belonging to a vendor, then kept on going. Lady stopped them for the vendor, thought they were going to make good, but then they just kept on going while he yelled at them to stop. Apparently didn't care if he left the vendor with broken goods.

I had a theft in the Green Field... a small item but the idea that someone took advantage of me is quite sad. Saw a vendor in the Red Field roll out chick'n wire over her tables due to losing $1200 last year.

The upside is that KARMA does exist and it bites really hard. To whoever took that vintage magazine of mine I'm sure you'll be getting a bad flat tire right when you ever so least wish it. Enjoy that self invited bad luck you turd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 75 TORINO LOVER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sad to say we did see a trailer pulling out amongst the flea market stuff and took the corner too sharply, knocked over and broke several old signs belonging to a vendor, then kept on going. Lady stopped them for the vendor, thought they were going to make good, but then they just kept on going while he yelled at them to stop. Apparently didn't care if he left the vendor with broken goods. </div></div>

Your post brings up a question I have....

Are there any rules or guidelines regarding when vendors can arrive at and/or leave from the flea market????

The day my friends and I walked the flea market it appeared that vendors could come and go as they pleased, when they pleased.

While that may be nice if you are a vendor it also makes for traffic jams and an unsafe situation especially when there are large

crowds of their customers waling about.

Some non AACA events I attend have rules about such things because of safety concerns.

These events have set times when the gates open for entry. They also have policies regarding when participants can leave.

If a participant has to leave the event due to an emergency they can leave but they are not allowed to re-enter the rest of that day.

Some folks from Austraila were quite upset about a vendor that left on Thursday night. They came all the way to Hershey as the vendor told them he had the parts they needed... they were very upset to see he left early. Multiple swap meet shoppers expressed their displeasure that by Friday many vendors had left.

When those same early to leave vendors complain about "our hobby is dying" they themselves are part of the blame. Most kids will arrive on Saturday because of school. At the PreWar show in Chicashea Ok, 80% of the vendors pack up on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. I recall they advertise the show thru Saturday... and on Saturday I saw a dozen or more families walking the deserted flea market.

Having that cake and eating it too is getting stale.