Blackhawk on the Block

JZRIV

Not sure how many are aware of this but GM's Buick Blackhawk is on the chopping block at Barrett Jackson this week. Scheduled for Saturday around 10:00AM.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/applicati...mp;d=01/14/2009

With this link you may have to select Saturday then click on the "Make" column to sort.

GM has about 200 of its collection being auctioned.

Hard to believe the Blackhawk is going away. I am glad to have been able to see it at various ROA nationals.

As far as Rivieras, all I've seen is a 98, a 95 convertible and a 73.

This was discussed back in December on another thread. Note the fine print.

THIS IS A MODIFIED VEHICLE. NEITHER GM NOR BARRETT-JACKSON MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE VEHICLE, INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE VEHICLE IS NOT CERTIFIED TO COMPLY WITH ANY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS AND MAY NOT BE DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS. This vehicle will be conveyed to Buyer with a "scrap" title. **TITLE IN TRANSIT**

Yea, thats something. I had no idea what it might sell for. I turned the TV on once or twice in the afternoon and was lucky enough to catch the auction. It sold for $475,000.... then with the buyer/seller premiums and fees it came to $522,500. Ouch!