53 BUICK MODEL 41D TOURBACK 4DR SEDAN

Black exterior, medium green interior. All original. 61,300 actual miles. Was garaged in Arizona for years. No rust. Runs good. I drive it once a month. Starts on first try everytime. Wide white walls have less then 300 miles on them. Spare is new. Early to mid 80's it was in car shows.<BR>Straight 8, 3 speed std, AM Radio, Heater. Original owners manual, and service records. I recently replaced the fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel gauge sending unit,and rebuilt the carb. Engine was professionally steam cleaned. Due to family emergency I need to sell. This car turns heads when driven down the street. Located in Helena, Mt. A steal at$6500. Color photo's on request to serious inquiries. email at wlcox47@earthlink.net

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. wilcox,<BR> I have a family owned 53 straight 8 two door in original state with some rust around back tires and rear bumper. Has not been cranked in 30 years but seems to be in good shape otherwise. I am contemplating selling it since the renovation estimates are in the $10-15K range and the resale value does not seem to be that high. Would you mind sharing with me what price I could reasonablly expect ot sell this for or a web site that I could get such information from?<BR>Thank You,<BR>Eugene Long<BR>gacracker@charter.net<P>

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Eugene,<BR> The Oct 2000 Old Cars Value Guide lists a '53 Special, (I'm assuming yours is a Special, as it is the only '53 that came with a straight 8) for anywhere between $600 -$21,000 depending on condition and model. The convertable ranges from $1250-$31,000.<BR> A lot of times though, you can not use the value as a guide to weather to restore or not, as most of the time it costs more than the car is worth. You have to think of all the fun & pleasure you gain from this project and the driving experiences you will have. Another factor is the memories it evokes.<BR>Good Luck<BR>Scott