Guys with "mint" cars - question 4 U...

Reattatude

Well prolly anybody who has above-average clean ride can chime in on this...

The metal part of the Reatta bumper, what kind of metal is it and should it have a satin or bright finish? Is it clear-coated? Would you feel its safe to polish the metal and not alter it, from the stock finish? Asking b/c mine looks bad/spotty and was thinking about polishing it. thanks!

Guest Greg Ross

You might try the occasional "Search"

They're aluminum, came with an anodized finish that is basically satin in appearnce. Polishing probably won't help much. Seems many folks have more deterioration on the rear bumper as if the exhaust has degraded the anodizing?

Guest CL_Reatta

Go to your local auto parts store, and pick up some dupli-color clear coat... spray that on there and do a good job with spraying.. will look good as new... did that to mine.. ummm around 2.5 years now, still looks good... no prep other than making sure it's clean and covering everything around it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reattatude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">prolly - is a lazy way to say probably

BION - If I didnt use Search id be prolly run out of here,

BION = believe it or not. ; ) </div></div>Since this is a help forum where detailed information is important, I see no reason why we should all have to learn the lingo of a chat room. When too much of that is thrown into the discussion it only makes the flow of information confusing for no reason.

We have plenty of space on this forum to type our messages and plenty of time to do it (as opposed to a chat box) so why not use it to post clear, concise questions and answers that can be easily understood.

Some of the posts here are just a long string of letters with no punctuation, spelling or capitalization. When I see one of those posts I usually move on to something else. If those people don't want to take the time to help me understand the question, why should I take the time to give an answer?

BION im sure noone proly cars what i thing and dosnt need my anwers but i thot i wood ad my 2 sense sayin this may start a argument on the bord thats not wat im trien to do i can understand mispelled words are going to happen but doin it fo no reason is anoter story i guess that someone from teh chat room defense fund is gong to give me down the road thats ok if i get my point accross

I agree with Ronnie. I try to help everyone who comes on looking for help. I even try to read thru the incorrect punctuation.

I understand the anxiousness to get an answer to a particular problem, but if we could just take a breath and reread what we wrote and use the spell checker it would be so much easier. This is a great forum and responses come quickly.

Rather than blast Ronnie and I know someone will, just understand that he is probably the leading helper on the forum. So blast away and wait while he takes a "vacation", while you want a question answered.

Sorry, I post in a lot of forums - and of course some Users are less formal and some are more concise. I have picked up some bad grammatical habits in my internet experiences.

I possess an adequate vocabulary and when posting here I will refrain from using "chat room manners". I also have a difficult time reading posts with little to no punctuation.

And I do not wish to alienate those who are best equipped to provide assistance.